How many weeks are in a month?

Started by Legend, Nov 08, 2018, 06:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

When I was younger, I thought a month was a bit more than 3 weeks. It's just one of those things where it's just one of those things your brain tells you is true and then one day when you're older something makes you think about it and you realise it's just one of those things you never really thought about.

Did you also "subconsciously" think a month was about 3 weeks long? Are there any other things that you learned as a kid that you somehow didn't realise were wrong until fairly late into life?

Xevross

Well I wasn't an idiot so I knew a month was 4 and a bit weeks :P

Can't think of anything right now but I will!

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

No wonder your game is always delayed. It's clear you can't tell time.

Legend

Well I wasn't an idiot so I knew a month was 4 and a bit weeks :P

Can't think of anything right now but I will!
You're not an American but another one is the 2 dollar bill. Almost everyone grows up believing it's rare and isn't circulated anymore.

the-pi-guy

You're not an American but another one is the 2 dollar bill. Almost everyone grows up believing it's rare and isn't circulated anymore.
TIL.  

Oooh.

Xevross

And what is the truth? Its still circulated but still quite rare?

I always found it weird that you guys have paper money for such small amounts, our lowest note is £5. We have coins below that. Also why on earth do you have a quarter?!

the-pi-guy

Yeah.  Circulated but rare.

I always found it weird that you guys have paper money for such small amounts, our lowest note is £5. We have coins below that. Also why on earth do you have a quarter?!
Pft, we still have pennies.  
Pennies are great.

You can buy a candy bar for like 2 quarters.  

Legend

The truth is that it's still circulated and pretty common. It's just a normal note.

The quarter is the best! Why is that the coin you think we need to get rid of?

TIL.  

Oooh.

Glad this thread isn't just me looking silly on my own lol.

Xevross

The quarter is the best! Why is that the coin you think we need to get rid of?
Because its the one we don't have! I just don't get it, you have 50s, 20s and 5s, so what's the point in a 25?

the-pi-guy

Because its the one we don't have! I just don't get it, you have 50s, 20s and 5s, so what's the point in a 25?
We also have dollar coins.  
I don't see as many dollar coins and 50 cent coins as quarters.  

We don't have 20's for coins.  We just have 10.  1,5,10, 25, 50, 100

Legend

We have 1s, 5s, 10s, 25s, and 100s.

Xevross

We have 1s, 5s, 10s, 25s, and 100s.
Ew, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 is so much better ;)

the-pi-guy

Nov 08, 2018, 06:35 PM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2018, 06:38 PM by the-pi-guy
Ew, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 is so much better ;)
Actually the best is 1, 3, 11, 37.  

Mathematically proven

Xevross

Actually the best is 1, 3, 11, 37.  

Mathematically proven
Sure, I never claimed ours was anywhere close to an optimal system, its just better than yours ;)