What is up with Sackboy a Big Adventure?

Started by Legend, Jun 15, 2020, 07:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I keep forgetting it exists yet I love LBP and Sumo Digital.

Is this game trying to compete with Super Luckey's Tale and recent 3D platformers?

kitler53

what are you questioning?

it's LBP without the UGC.   i for one love this change,.. i never enjoyed making levels or playing other peoples levels.   a LBP game that is just a long campaign is perfect for me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

what are you questioning?

it's LBP without the UGC.   i for one love this change,.. i never enjoyed making levels or playing other peoples levels.   a LBP game that is just a long campaign is perfect for me.
Did you enjoy the footage in the trailer?

At least to me it felt like a lower quality campaign compared to the 2D games.

kitler53

it was a short glimpse filled with tons of cuts,.. but it looked like a solid LBP campaign as far as i could tell.

Legend

Jun 15, 2020, 08:45 PM Last Edit: Jun 15, 2020, 10:27 PM by Legend
it was a short glimpse filled with tons of cuts,.. but it looked like a solid LBP campaign as far as i could tell.
Fair.

I had a different reaction, like lbp karting uncanny feeling, but I hope I'm wrong.

Xevross

It did look weirdly low quality.

kitler53

Fair.

I had a different reaction, like lbp karting uncanny feeling, but I hope I'm wrong.
rewatched it just now.   i think it looks great.   on close inspection i saw at least 2 things that I don't think LBP3 could do so this might just be a from the ground up 3D platformer with LBP branding which actually would be pretty great for the franchise.   so i think it looks great.

and for the record,.. lbp karting was a good game if you had the patience to wait for the stupidly long load times.