The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

Searched and didn't find anything.  :P
You're right!

I was thinking of the oculus rift inside out headset.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Nice. Was impatient made with the Decima engine?
Inpatient was unreal engine.
I am thinking it will be with Sony.  

They are making Bravo Team with Sony as publisher, so they seem to be in a good relationship.

So I got the Oculus touch.  It is pretty awesome.  Not perfect.  The buttons can tell which are being touched and the in game hand changes to that, but watching your finger taking a different route from button to button isnt the best.  It's not exactly jarring, but it's not ideal.  

Still freaking cool.  It manages to add even more to the VR experience.  VR was still feeling amazing, but it adds so much.  

Legend

Inpatient was unreal engine.
I am thinking it will be with Sony.  

They are making Bravo Team with Sony as publisher, so they seem to be in a good relationship.

So I got the Oculus touch.  It is pretty awesome.  Not perfect.  The buttons can tell which are being touched and the in game hand changes to that, but watching your finger taking a different route from button to button isnt the best.  It's not exactly jarring, but it's not ideal.  

Still freaking cool.  It manages to add even more to the VR experience.  VR was still feeling amazing, but it adds so much.  
Have you tried tossing and catching the controller? I love doing that with move controllers in VR.

the-pi-guy

Yeah it's a lot of fun.  

Showing my dad "first contact".  

It's pretty cool, but it has issues that you need to pick up things using a specific button.  So you could feel like you are physically grabbing something but the game doesn't register it because you are using the wrong button.  

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I've seen a few people say that they lost the novelty with VR. 

I haven't at all. 

It still amazes me.  I was playing Farlands with a giant's eye view of an alien planet.  I felt butterflies in my chest, and my breath was taken away. 

I really want a RTS VR game.  Something like Age of Empires VR would be killer. 

the-pi-guy

^Brass Tactics is actually made by an Age of Empires dev.  :o

Bought Rick and Morty VR.  

Oh there's a brass tactics demo.  :o

Legend

I've seen a few people say that they lost the novelty with VR.  
I've really become tired of VR because PSVR is practically unusable with my current setup. The tracking is just not good enough to be fun beyond the VR wow factor.

The PS4 camera has good side to side tracking but it's way less precise with depth tracking. If you sit there motionless, everything slightly bobs in and out towards the camera. Plus in lots of games you're encouraged to turn around but the camera can't track anything behind you. This is why I really really really wish they supported plugging multiple PS4 cameras into a single PS4.

the-pi-guy

I've really become tired of VR because PSVR is practically unusable with my current setup. The tracking is just not good enough to be fun beyond the VR wow factor.

The PS4 camera has good side to side tracking but it's way less precise with depth tracking. If you sit there motionless, everything slightly bobs in and out towards the camera. Plus in lots of games you're encouraged to turn around but the camera can't track anything behind you. This is why I really really really wish they supported plugging multiple PS4 cameras into a single PS4.
That sounds terrible :o

Legend

the-pi-guy

It is!
Makes me feel a bit better about not getting PSVR.

But I still wish there were more games I wanted.  

With that said, never before have I spent so much money on something with so little regret.  

the-pi-guy

Brass Tactics is a neat idea, but I'd really like more micromanagement.  Like I'd even work with having to pick up people or something.  I want more control over building cities and stuff.  There's some really cool stuff here.  Like hitting a button, puts a hammer in your hand.  It's pretty neat.  Cool picking up some things, but so far it doesn't seem like there's an immense amount of control.  Maybe there is, and I just don't know what to do yet.  

Rick and Morty VR is awesome.  It's mostly in a garage, and there's teleportation to get around.  
I'm not sure if the teleportation is a little wonky or if I was experiencing a little bit of shift in the sensors.  

I'm guessing there wasn't really an issue, but that I was standing somewhere else each time I teleported, so it only seemed like there was a shift relative to where I was the last time.  Based on the experiences that seems like the most likely.  Would like to play some more. Finally got my $15, gotta figure out what to get.  

Go Up