VGChartz.com global sales updates

Started by u4gReservoirDogs, Aug 03, 2014, 08:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Max King of the Wild

I'll get actual numbers for the Wii U Ps4 and X1 if I remember. Also, with having multiple skus for X1 and Wii U now it makes it more of a pain.

darkknightkryta

I loved the "ps4 isn't dominating because consoles that dominate don't have a hard time passing 100k" nonsensical posts... Then Npd came that showed Vgc undertaking the ps4 by over 10k a week in US alone. The ps4 is not struggling to hit 100k weekly and 3ds is not as close as Vgc shoes.

Wouldn't the 3DS be way over tracked considering they shipped so little?  Like, Vita little.

Dr. Pezus

That could put it close to 10m right now... I was working with ~500k on shelves only for US but if the real situation is 200-300k on shelves then my maths up from ~9.5m to ~9.8m.

We get NPD data so this shouldn't change much, really.

Dr. Pezus

Wouldn't the 3DS be way over tracked considering they shipped so little?  Like, Vita little.

It is way overtracked and has been for a long time. It was adjusted down by 200-300k a few days ago but still needs at least one more million I think

u4gReservoirDogs

Aug 05, 2014, 09:01 PM Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 09:55 PM by u4gReservoirDogs
First post updated, now waiting for the adjustments!  :P

Trying to make a table for the data.  ;D
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

u4gReservoirDogs

Table is looking good I think.  8)
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Max King of the Wild

Aug 06, 2014, 03:14 PM Last Edit: Aug 06, 2014, 03:22 PM by Max King of the Wild
Vgc is at least 200% off on Mgs:gz. Konami reported 570k shipped+digital for the entire franchise and vgc has 1.46m sold through at retail for GZ alone.

Let's assume only like 10% (1. 10% is easy to work with. 2. They sold 190k of the franchise during the year last year so it's in-line with numbers) of those 570k were from other titles then that leaves 513k for GZ. Assuming 10% is PC (easy to work with) then that leaves 462k for consoles. Assuming 10% were digital (easy to work with) then that leaves 416k for retail. Assuming 10% (easy to work with) are still on shelves then that leaves 374k sold through retail... 300% overtracked.

Edit, it appears PC version never launched. I'm too lazy to change numbers. The final percentage shouldn't be too far off either way.

Dr. Pezus

But they reported for April-June, right? GZ launched in March

Dr. Pezus

I'm pretty sure it sold something like at least 300k in US alone in March according to NPD

Max King of the Wild

Ulgh, the article I read was all over the place. Mixing in year numbers with Quarter ones. End of April they shipped a million units. So in the next two months after that they shipped 570k-other titles-what they shipped in April. So half a good number for April being it's a month after launch most sales should come during that time? So, about 1.3m total now. Still ridiculous overtracked at retail but not as much as I said previously. More like 50-60%%

Max King of the Wild

ethomaz

Aug 06, 2014, 04:14 PM Last Edit: Aug 06, 2014, 04:21 PM by ethomaz

That's end of April. It's probably at 1.3m total now. 10% digital (which is generous) 10% on shelves. And whatever the sold from other titles not GZ in the franchise.

That the last quarter results posted at end of April but the shipment are for end of March.

BTW the the original info.

+ PS4 12% (Q1) / 8% (Q4)
+ XB1 4% (Q1) / 3% (Q4)
+ 570k Metal Gear (190k Q1 last year)

LTD Shipment + Digital is mostly like ~1.5m.

PS. I agree the ~1.3 sold is more accurate than what VGC shows.

Dr. Pezus

Does anyone remember the total shipments for it in the last quarter? 570k seems quite good for its second quarter

ethomaz

Does anyone remember the total shipments for it in the last quarter? 570k seems quite good for its second quarter

1+ million just for Ground Zeroes.

Go Up