VGChartz.com global sales updates

Started by u4gReservoirDogs, Aug 03, 2014, 08:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

u4gReservoirDogs

Aug 03, 2014, 08:45 AM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2014, 08:49 AM by u4gReservoirDogs
Is it just me or are the updates (ont the frontpage) coming (much) later when the X1 sold weak and/or PS4 sold good?
Last week it was friday, now it's already two days later ...
In this topic I want to keep track of the weekly global-updates and if PS4 or X1 won that week.
Won't be relevant untill X1 wins a week and "they" update fast I guess.
But I've seen it before, that the update came within 4 or 5 days after that week and Xbox sold good and on the other hand that PS sold good and it came 8 or 9 days after that week.

Weekly updatesActual updatesDays betweenThis weeks winner
19th July25th July6 daysPS4 +59k
26th July6th August11 daysPS4 +56k
2nd August18th August16 daysPS4 +127k
9th August20th August11 daysPS4 +69k
16th August27th August11 daysPS4 +98k
23rd August29th August6 daysPS4 +106k
30th August..... daysPS4 +72k
6th September..... days...

Source: www.vgchartz.com (Frontpage)

Is it usefull to update this or is it just a sign that I got too much time to do stupid things?  ::)
Or am I stupid to begin with?  :o
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Xevross

Yes to everything :P
This week is taking a long time due to adjustemts after shipment numbers were received.  PS4 has a lot of adjusting up to do and he's probs not sure where. Most others need adjusting down too.

u4gReservoirDogs

So the updates are coming later, it's usefull to update this topic, I got too much time to do stupid things and I'm stupid to begin with?  ???
At least I got some answers. :P
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Xevross

So the updates are coming later, it's usefull to update this topic, I got too much time to do stupid things and I'm stupid to begin with?  ???
At least I got some answers. :P

Yarp

Max King of the Wild

I remember it use to be Tuesday was Na, Wednesday was Japan and Thursday was EU. Sometimes he doesn't update till two weeks AFTER (so in 3rd week) the week ended. I haven't been paying attention lately but I want to say he didn't update the first week of June till the last week.

Dr. Pezus

Yes to everything :P
This week is taking a long time due to adjustemts after shipment numbers were received.  PS4 has a lot of adjusting up to do and he's probs not sure where. Most others need adjusting down too.

Germany and Europe in general would be a great place to start

Raven

Didn't someone just post an article stating that the PS4 is officially outselling the X1 3-to-1 in Germany?

Dr. Pezus

Didn't someone just post an article stating that the PS4 is officially outselling the X1 3-to-1 in Germany?

Yeah. Ps4 undertracked and One overtracked

Xevross

Germany and Europe in general would be a great place to start

And thats where most of the jndertracking will be happening. I bet the baseline is much higher than ioi thinks

Raven

And thats where most of the jndertracking will be happening. I bet the baseline is much higher than ioi thinks

Exactly. He tracks those nations like that because he knows there isn't much sales information coming from most of Europe. So, he fudges the numbers while basically keeping in line with general consensus but, as he always does, gives a little more to X1 and a little less to PS4 just so he can sleep at night. After all, who can honestly prove him wrong until official numbers come out? So he gets away with months of undertracking the PS4 and overtracking the X1.

ethomaz

I'm curious on what ioi will do with Germany numbers... 360 is over 1 million over tracked there.

Legend

I think it is fine to talk about their numbers, but please add sources whenever you use their data. Links to the exact week would be great.

u4gReservoirDogs

Xevross

New numbers up, PS4 #1 at 111k, looks like past weeks have been adjusted up very slightly while 3DS has been adjusted down. Its now only beaten PS4 on YW launch week. Not spotted anything else noteworthy.

u4gReservoirDogs

New numbers up, PS4 #1 at 111k, looks like past weeks have been adjusted up very slightly while 3DS has been adjusted down. Its now only beaten PS4 on YW launch week. Not spotted anything else noteworthy.

PS4 111,822
Xone 55,037
Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

Now all I have to do is wait untill they update the frontpage so I can update the first post. :)

Go Up