Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

huh? how is it starwarsy?
Replace Space with Ocean and its classic star wars. Main character and a few select others with 'force'-like abilities. Ships that fly/ propel around very sci-fi looking, dark environments. Many alien looking races, crazy visual effects, lightsaber/ trident duels, main hero is 'the chosen one'.

Very Star Wars.

the-pi-guy

Jan 18, 2019, 04:22 AM Last Edit: Jan 18, 2019, 04:29 AM by the-pi-guy
I didn't realize Kingsman had such a conservative bent the first time I watched it. 

Xevross

Black Panther with 7 Oscar moms including best picture. Well, Disney got what they wanted  ;D

Legend

Melissa McCarthy was nominated for best actress. It'll be funny seeing that listed on her comedies from now on.

Xevross

Jan 22, 2019, 04:58 PM Last Edit: Jan 22, 2019, 05:09 PM by Xevross
Melissa McCarthy was nominated for best actress. It'll be funny seeing that listed on her comedies from now on.
That's great. I do love Melissa McCarthy, well deserved.

I once again have only seen one of the best pic moms. Think I'll watch at least ASiB at some point.

Legend

That's great. I do Melissa McCarthy, well deserved.

I once again have only seen one of the best pic moms. Think I'll watch at least ASiB at some point.
I like her a lot too. Spy was the turning point for me.

I've seen Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Dr. Pezus

That's great. I do love Melissa McCarthy, well deserved.

Two for me.

Also, Avengers only got 1 nom!

Xevross

Two for me.

Also, Avengers only got 1 nom!
Noms are rare for Marvel films. Disney just decided it was their sole purpose in life to try and get Black Panther as many noms as possible.

Dr. Pezus

Noms are rare for Marvel films. Disney just decided it was their sole purpose in life to try and get Black Panther as many noms as possible.
What did they  do?

Xevross

What did they  do?
They were pushing for I think 15 nominations for black panther. Sending leaflets to academy members, extra screenings and press runs. Things like that.

Dr. Pezus

They were pushing for I think 15 nominations for black panther. Sending leaflets to academy members, extra screenings and press runs. Things like that.
Rigged!

Legend

Rigged!
That's how almost every Oscar movie gets nominated.

Xevross

Aquaman is now the highest grossing DC film ever (passed Dark Knight Rises) with $1.09B WW. Also I think that makes it WB's #2 ever, behind the last Harry Potter.

Legend

BananaKing

Aquaman is now the highest grossing DC film ever (passed Dark Knight Rises) with $1.09B WW. Also I think that makes it WB's #2 ever, behind the last Harry Potter.
Talk about undeserved lol

I don't like Harry potter, but I can't deny it's genius and ingenuity. And aquaman, while not passed the line to sucking, it's on the verge.

And yes, I watched it. It's... Meh lol. Fun at times though I'll admit .

Go Up