The Forged Kingdoms OT: Dream Bigger

Started by Legend, Sep 26, 2019, 08:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Are you using l systems or something more unique?  
L systems in that gif and hopefully in the final game. They are really fast so I'd prefer them over a full simulation as long as they look good.

But today I need to make them actually look good. More structure and leafs.

Legend

I don't know if this method will be light enough on resources but it's pretty great. Blending between different vector maps.

Legend

Quick previs on the right, high polycount model on the left. Model on the left can have lots of complex branch shapes but for now it's just a tube.

I think at this point it's time to set up the artistic tools and try my hand at a game ready tree.

Legend

Remember way back when I talked about NPCs not magically knowing stuff?

I think I can keep that system and even upgrade it.

Say an entire town sees you commit a murder. Kill everyone there and it's as if no one saw.

Kill all ravens and transports heading to a castle. No one inside will know what is going on in the world.

Pretend to be the owner of a house while the owners are gone. Guards won't think you're doing anything wrong unless your lies mismatch what that individual guard knows.

Accuse a person of theft after reverse pickpocketing them. They never did it but the whole town may believe they are a thief.

This system works by tracking the flow of information. A "belief" is stored universally so that many can share it and it can be simulated like an infection for far off regions. Doesn't matter if the belief is true or false.

Dr. Pezus

Remember way back when I talked about NPCs not magically knowing stuff?

I think I can keep that system and even upgrade it.

Say an entire town sees you commit a murder. Kill everyone there and it's as if no one saw.

Kill all ravens and transports heading to a castle. No one inside will know what is going on in the world.

Pretend to be the owner of a house while the owners are gone. Guards won't think you're doing anything wrong unless your lies mismatch what that individual guard knows.

Accuse a person of theft after reverse pickpocketing them. They never did it but the whole town may believe they are a thief.

This system works by tracking the flow of information. A "belief" is stored universally so that many can share it and it can be simulated like an infection for far off regions. Doesn't matter if the belief is true or false.
I remember Oblivion sometimes doing something like that. Very cool. Obviously very flawed in that game

Legend

I think I'll have photo mode with a few "cheat" options.

The engine supports the camera going really far from the player so I'll just let that happen, even if it could be exploited.

Also that then lets me do ground to space zoomouts in trailers that are 100% gameplay.

Go Up