December 2018 NPD - Switch 1.77M, XB1 920k, PS4 797k, Smash 3.6M

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Jan 22, 2019, 09:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Eh, he says he's stopping doing it because of the hate he's getting. Suggesting he's stopping because he's sad about the numbers or people disagreeing with him is quite insulting to him to be honest and what you're saying here is a false view of events.

He's getting hit with some really bad stuff on twitter, because on Era he said 2M+ looks likely for Switch. Obviously its undeserved and fanboys are being their usual shaming selves, but he did kind of bring it on himself. He shouldn't have posted any actual numbers, just said that Switch is very strong and left it there.

I can see why he wants to stop with the hate he's getting, but he should have been smarter about this. You're right in that he was expanding to try and get more attention and he should have been better aware of what this attention would bring.
I don't follow him on Twitter but I didn't see any hate on ERA... I saw a lot of people pointing he was wrong about Switch or disagreeing with his view of the retail... that I guess is fine.

Talking in a geral sense... I don't believe anybody talking about any brand in twitter will not get hate from some... I don't it is something so serious to the point to him stop to give his view... he should just block or ignore these comments.

I guess his pride didn't allow him to ignore or block these "haters" so he get involved.

Seeking attention or popularity will always lead to both sides... bad and good.

I just commented because I found it weird his actions but maybe I'm too calm to be bored for these things lol