Mass Effect Andromeda Review Thread 73 OC (113 reviews), 70 MC (54 reviews)

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 20, 2017, 02:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

So now that you got it, how does fair?
The tempest itself is awesome.  So much more interesting than the normandy and everything is accessible without having to us an elevator.  The windows in the bridge to see the actual area of Helius you are in is probably one of the coolest things they have added.  Galaxy map is super cool and sleek.   Also just got the nomad too, which is amazing to control.  It feels weighty yet light and adding in the six wheel controls is pretty cool, but haven't done much exploring with it.   Scanning planets and anomalies is back a lot like ME2, but it's pulled back a bit with most scanning done on the planets you can explore.

Now for the game as a whole.  It's not doing anything new at all. It's mass effect at its core for sure.  Sure they might have dropped the ball on some things, but at least for me it's not a big deal.  Understandable for some others though.   It's not looking to be anything spectacular story wise, but I can easily say the alien technology they come across is super intriguing and is what is driving me to move forward the most.  And to learn more about the new alien races.   Combat is pretty amazing for Mass Effect.  The ability to change profiles anytime opens up so much more possibilities and the reason they added that is actually explained and is not just shoehorned in just because.  Jet boost is so good and one of the best additions to mobility and combat.  Other than that I'm not far enough in to give much more impressions.   I'm 5 hours in and only 11% completion.

You're right. Its just this bit is especially disappointing to me
So the problem is that they don't allow a male ryder to romance any of the male squad mates? Only secondary NPC's?