NPD October 2018: PS4 #1, PS4XB1 up by over 60% yoy, CoD still king

Started by Dr. Pezus, Nov 20, 2018, 01:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

We also didn't do predictions for this month, I think we stopped a while back because leaks stopped but now they're back it might be fun to do it again. My early guess for November is something like:

PS4 1.8M
Switch 1.5M
XB1 1.2M
1.9m
1.45m
1.15m

Dr. Pezus

Nov 20, 2018, 11:32 PM Last Edit: Nov 20, 2018, 11:45 PM by Dr. Pezus
October 2018 NPD: Call of Duty still outsells Red Dead Redemption II | VentureBeat

CoD blops4 already 2018's best selling game and Rdr2 second. Spidey doing well at #4 and GoW #6!

"October 2018 unit sales of PlayStation 4 reached the highest mark for any PlayStation hardware platform in an October month since the PlayStation 2 in October 2002," said Piscatella.

Xevross

ps4 is pretty much guarenteed to win nov imo.
spiderman. red dead.  a waaay better black friday deal then nintendo.

switch may take december though.
smash. pokemon. being the fruitcake of consoles.
Yeah PS4 is #1 iin November, sounds like the Spidey bundle has good stock which is all that was needed. Switch should be easy number two.

December is even less of a contest, Switch will probably be #1 by over a million.

Xevross

Nov 20, 2018, 11:57 PM Last Edit: Nov 20, 2018, 11:59 PM by Xevross
Also RDR2 being up over 3x RDR revenue (including digital and obviously more expensive SKUs) in the US, when in the UK its almost 3x in unit sales without digital. And people say UK is doomed! ;D

COD doing very well for itself obviously.

BF2 a lot better than we thought, Spidey off to a very strong start.

ethomaz

PS4 continue breaking records.

If November can be over 2.05 million :D

BananaKing

I wonder what Sonys December deal will be. For the past 3 years they had December deals. 2015 and 2016 were deals like their black Friday deals on the slim, and 2017 they had 50$ off the pro.

IMO Sony should do a 199$ PS4 deal and a 350$ pro deal. That would make the PS4 sell like hot cakes in December. Though I doubt that will happen

Cute Pikachu

My predictions:
November
2.1 M PS4
1.6 M Switch
1.15 M Xbox One

December
2.6 Million Switch
1.75 Million PS4
1.3 Million Xbox One

Smash Bros Ultimate has the biggest debut for a Nintendo exclusive all time with 3 Million(beating Sun and Moon's 2.7 Million in 2 weeks(thinking about it now those games sold a lot).

Red Dead Redemption 2 takes the number 1 spot with extremely strong legs.

Pokémon Let's Go sells 2 Million

Battlefield V disappoints

COD is COD
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

My predictions:
November
2.1 M PS4
1.6 M Switch
1.15 M Xbox One

December
2.6 Million Switch
1.75 Million PS4
1.3 Million Xbox One

Smash Bros Ultimate has the biggest debut for a Nintendo exclusive all time with 3 Million(beating Sun and Moon's 2.7 Million in 2 weeks(thinking about it now those games sold a lot).

Red Dead Redemption 2 takes the number 1 spot with extremely strong legs.

Pokémon Let's Go sells 2 Million

Battlefield V disappoints

COD is COD
I think you're a bit high on PS4 but apart from that I agree on everything, should be a great two months.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I don't think Dec will be that high for ps4.

Xevross

Yeah I don't think Dec will be that high for ps4.
If Sony do the same strategy as last year then yeah, 1.2-1.3M max I feel.

Kerotan

Hopefully PS4 and Swich are high for November. Both over 1.5m at least would be cool. I hope Xbox is as low as possible. After their tragic software output the last few years they don't deserve good sales. It sends the wrong message.

BananaKing

Hopefully PS4 and Swich are high for November. Both over 1.5m at least would be cool. I hope Xbox is as low as possible. After their tragic software output the last few years they don't deserve good sales. It sends the wrong message.
Tragic software output? Yeah I'd highly disagree with that

Third parties being on a console isn't a given or something that's by default, it needs hard work to achieve and work to maintain. Just look at Nintendo. It's nonsense to call software output on the Xbox as tragic when the highest rated game of the gen released on the system, and they just released a 90+ exclusive a few months ago. Sony's exclusive output has been more consistent and with higher quality, specially in recent years true, but the Xbox has a massive amount of high quality games.

Kerotan

Tragic software output? Yeah I'd highly disagree with that

Third parties being on a console isn't a given or something that's by default, it needs hard work to achieve and work to maintain. Just look at Nintendo. It's nonsense to call software output on the Xbox as tragic when the highest rated game of the gen released on the system, and they just released a 90+ exclusive a few months ago. Sony's exclusive output has been more consistent and with higher quality, specially in recent years true, but the Xbox has a massive amount of high quality games.
You know what I fooking mean. 1st party output. Wow they get most third parties? Jeez congrats MS. The only reason Nintendo don't get them too is because their hardware is too weak. Regardless I wasn't talking 3rd party. MS don't deserve good sales and I hope they don't get them.

Xevross

You know what I fooking mean. 1st party output. Wow they get most third parties? Jeez congrats MS. The only reason Nintendo don't get them too is because their hardware is too weak. Regardless I wasn't talking 3rd party. MS don't deserve good sales and I hope they don't get them.
Well sure they had a bad year but they're working hard to fix that. FH4 was still a fantastic game this year anyway and plenty of people love Sea of Thieves.

I really don't think you can say they don't deserve good sales based on this. The past few years they've had a good output, they had a bad year this year but its going to be an outlier and they are already learning from it. Did you say that Sony don't deserve the good PS4 sales because of their poor 2014 output, or relatively poor 2015 output?

On top of that, MS are offering some great services now like game pass, which by all accounts is fantastic value. Plus, X is currently the most powerful console and is the best way to play big games like RDR2. The second half of this gen MS has nailed it, and if anything they deserve better sales than they are getting. Next gen should be a good gen for them.

Kerotan

Well sure they had a bad year but they're working hard to fix that. FH4 was still a fantastic game this year anyway and plenty of people love Sea of Thieves.

I really don't think you can say they don't deserve good sales based on this. The past few years they've had a good output, they had a bad year this year but its going to be an outlier and they are already learning from it. Did you say that Sony don't deserve the good PS4 sales because of their poor 2014 output, or relatively poor 2015 output?

On top of that, MS are offering some great services now like game pass, which by all accounts is fantastic value. Plus, X is currently the most powerful console and is the best way to play big games like RDR2. The second half of this gen MS has nailed it, and if anything they deserve better sales than they are getting. Next gen should be a good gen for them.
Ps4 2014 was forgivable because 2013 was so good. What was MS excuse? And no they deserved good sales because they singlehandedly stopped Microsoft killing used sales.

Mentioning Forza as a reason they'd a good year is like mentioning Sony had one because they released yet another highly rated MLB. It's embarrassing it's come to this. Sea of thieves may be liked by a few but it was hated by many. It's their NMS of this gen.

Again I'd hate to see s company have such a bad 10 year software output (2010-2020) turn things around so easily. They should be made earn it. 4 or 5 years of top class output like Sony or Nintendo and I'll say xbox deserves good sales.

I also don't think they'll have a good gen. Remember the gap is widening between the xbox and ps brands. By the time next gen comes xbox will be so irrelevant in so many countries it would be like climbing everest to become successful.

Go Up