The Sporty Sports Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 02, 2018, 07:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Salah new EPL goal record. Also player of the year. What a bargain, too bad he's playing for Liverpool.

Xevross

Salah new EPL goal record. Also player of the year. What a bargain, too bad he's playing for Liverpool.
Yeah he deserves the player of the year, he's phenomenal. I'd prefer him playing for Liverpool than any of the other top teams :P

Dr. Pezus

Yeah he deserves the player of the year, he's phenomenal. I'd prefer him playing for Liverpool than any of the other top teams :P
He is very good but you have to wonder if the system is making him look like Messi. He wasn't  nearly as good before. I'm amazed that despite Salah's performance liverpool only managed 4th though, and were close to dropping to 5th

Xevross

He is very good but you have to wonder if the system is making him look like Messi. He wasn't  nearly as good before. I'm amazed that despite Salah's performance liverpool only managed 4th though, and were close to dropping to 5th
The system isn't making him look like Messi, he has very different skills. Yeah, he just clicked at Liverpool, you sometimes see that.

Eh, Liverpool don't have the depth required to do well in the League and Europe, plus their defensive side is extremely weak. They probably have the 2nd best attacking force in the PL, but their defence is mediocre at best. Biggest weaknesses are centre-back and goalkeeper.

Dr. Pezus

The system isn't making him look like Messi, he has very different skills. Yeah, he just clicked at Liverpool, you sometimes see that.

Eh, Liverpool don't have the depth required to do well in the League and Europe, plus their defensive side is extremely weak. They probably have the 2nd best attacking force in the PL, but their defence is mediocre at best. Biggest weaknesses are centre-back and goalkeeper.
Well I meant similarly good as Messi lol. It's not easy to score that much in the PL and to do it in your first season too is mad.

Yeah but at least they improved their defensive side massively with vvd.

I'm afraid they will challenge the league next year if they can keep their front 3.

Also, I really hope Ronaldo turns up in the CL final. I'm sure he will, he doesn't want to risk not winning the Ballon d'or

Xevross

Well I meant similarly good as Messi lol. It's not easy to score that much in the PL and to do it in your first season too is mad.

Yeah but at least they improved their defensive side massively with vvd.

I'm afraid they will challenge the league next year if they can keep their front 3.

Also, I really hope Ronaldo turns up in the CL final. I'm sure he will, he doesn't want to risk not winning the Ballon d'or
Yeah, he set a new record for goals in a 38 game season, extremely impressive.

Sure, they went from a disastrous defense to a bad defense :P

I hope so! They deserve it more than the other teams up there.

The final wouldn't be as good if CR7 didn't turn up, that's for sure.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah, he set a new record for goals in a 38 game season, extremely impressive.

Sure, they went from a disastrous defense to a bad defense :P

I hope so! They deserve it more than the other teams up there.

The final wouldn't be as good if CR7 didn't turn up, that's for sure.
Well I definitely wouldn't say they deserve it more lol. It's not enough to have a great offense. It's not even great in all games either, they had some embarrassing losses and draws, lots of draws. Plus, they had a terrible record against the top 6. Worse than Chelsea even.

Xevross

May 13, 2018, 11:47 PM Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:55 PM by Xevross
Well I definitely wouldn't say they deserve it more lol. It's not enough to have a great offense. It's not even great in all games either, they had some embarrassing losses and draws, lots of draws. Plus, they had a terrible record against the top 6. Worse than Chelsea even.
Sure they do. They don't have newly bought success from rich new owners, and their owners aren't complete twats.  That pretty much covers all the rest of the top 6 apart from United. But I wouldn't be an English football fan if I didn't prefer Liverpool over United (not counting United/ Everton fans of course). Plus they have pretty much no fake/ plastic fans, which the other tops teams do. Its good to see.

Yeah, that's thanks to their defense. Still the least impressive state from the top 6 this season is Arsenal's 2018 away record, a shame they actually managed to pick up some points on the last day.

Dr. Pezus

Sure they do. They don't have newly bought success from rich new owners, and their owners aren't complete twats.  That pretty much covers all the rest of the top 6 apart from United. But I wouldn't be an English football fan if I didn't prefer Liverpool over United (not counting United/ Everton fans of course). Plus they have pretty much no fake/ plastic fans, which the other tops teams do. Its good to see.

Yeah, that's thanks to their defense. Still the least impressive state from the top 6 this season is Arsenal's 2018 away record, a shame they actually managed to pick up some points on the last day.
Lol well. I admire Tottenham more for their success.

Oh and yeah, first win away in the prem in 2018 for arsenal I believe

It was Wenger's last game though so you'd expect a bit more fire in them.

Xevross

Lol well. I admire Tottenham more for their success.

Oh and yeah, first win away in the prem in 2018 for arsenal I believe

It was Wenger's last game though so you'd expect a bit more fire in them.
True, but they fall under the owner is a bag category :P

Spurs and Liverpool are the two top teams I like. The rest I am actively pleased with any of their downfalls.

First away points, lol. Maybe so, but they still lost the game before. And they only won this game 1-0

Dr. Pezus

Kerotan

Tickets for 2 of my world cup matches arrived in the post today. Yay! Also got my fan id recently which works as a visa into Russia.

Xevross

Tickets for 2 of my world cup matches arrived in the post today. Yay! Also got my fan id recently which works as a visa into Russia.
Oh man you're actually going, nice? How many matches are you going to? :o

I want to go to a WC in the future, but it'll probably have to be the 2026 or later.

Dr. Pezus

FA cup final tomorrow. Predictions?

Xevross

Go Up