When will TLOU part 2 release

Started by Legend, Dec 06, 2016, 07:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dates

Legend

We've been discussing this over in the playstation thread so how about we compile our bets. That way once the game releases it'll be much simpler to find this thread and laugh at how wrong people were.

For reference
Uncharted 1: E3 2006 reveal, Nov 2007 release-1.5 years
Uncharted 2: Dec 2008 reveal, Oct 2009 release-1 year
Uncharted 3: Dec 2010 reveal, Nov 2011 release-1 year
TLOU: Dec 2011 reveal, June 2013 release-1.5 years
Uncharted 4: Nov 2013 reveal, May 2016 release-2.5 years

Closest people get $1,000 forum bucks.

Legend

I'm going with late 2018. My gut says middle 2018 but everything gets delays this gen.

DerNebel

I optimistically voted late 2018, but I feel there's just as much a chance of it coming early to mid 2019.

kitler53

i said early 2018.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I think they will try to release late next year, but I'm expecting early 2018.  

DerNebel

I think they will try to release late next year, but I'm expecting early 2018.  

darkknightkryta

March 2019 if God of War is ready for March 2018.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Early to mid 2018

the-pi-guy

I optimistically voted late 2018, but I feel there's just as much a chance of it coming early to mid 2019.
You think it's likely that ND will have announced a game that's supposed to come out in like 2.5 years? 
Uncharted 4 only reached that because of developmental troubles.  Including director changes, which included 8 months of material that was dropped.  Even after that, they were planning on it being a 2015 title, but additionally got delayed afterwards basically by 6 months.  Part of that including a couple of extra months between the game actually being completed.

Meanwhile, TLoU: Part Two should have a lot less work to go into the engine.  They have a completed PS4 game under their belt, and they generally develop sequels much faster than new games. 

Considering all of the above, and ND's history of usually trying to go for 12-18 months. 

I say:
Late 2017 - Very Optimistic
Early 2018 - Slightly optimistic
Late 2018 - slightly pessimistic
Early 2019 - very pessimistic

Aura7541

Optimistic prediction - June 2018
Pessimistic prediction - September 2018

DerNebel

Dec 06, 2016, 08:29 PM Last Edit: Dec 06, 2016, 09:11 PM by DerNebel
You think it's likely that ND will have announced a game that's supposed to come out in like 2.5 years? 
Uncharted 4 only reached that because of developmental troubles.  Including director changes, which included 8 months of material that was dropped.  Even after that, they were planning on it being a 2015 title, but additionally got delayed afterwards basically by 6 months.  Part of that including a couple of extra months between the game actually being completed.

Meanwhile, TLoU: Part Two should have a lot less work to go into the engine.  They have a completed PS4 game under their belt, and they generally develop sequels much faster than new games. 

Considering all of the above, and ND's history of usually trying to go for 12-18 months. 

I say:
Late 2017 - Very Optimistic
Early 2018 - Slightly optimistic
Late 2018 - slightly pessimistic
Early 2019 - very pessimistic
Seriously, have you learned nothing from this gen at all? Sony goes out of their way to specifically tell us "this is very early in development, the release is still a ways off" and you go "Yeah, they are probably aiming for late 2017". No offense but are you out of your dang mind?

There's no history to go by here cause game development so obviously takes more time this generation that it's absolutely baffling to me that you guys apparently still don't want to realize that.

Edit: Here's Shuhei saying again that this is a ways off, while basically saying that 2017 is completely out of the cards for this game ("...but an Uncharted game is coming out next year")

the-pi-guy

Seriously, have you learned nothing from this gen at all? Sony goes out of their way to specifically tell us "this is very early in development, the release is still a ways off" and you go "Yeah, they are probably aiming for late 2017". No offense but are you out of your dang mind?
I'm going off Naughty Dog's history here, not Sony's.  
@bold, I haven't been paying attention.  
So sure, mid 2018 is probably most likely.  

was intended for E3 2017--but developer Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann revealed that voice actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson will be reprising their roles as Joel and Ellie
link
This was important to know.  

There's no history to go by here cause game development so obviously takes more time this generation that it's absolutely baffling to me that you guys apparently still don't want to realize that.
Sure, game development takes more time.  It always takes more time every generation.  
We have Uncharted 4 to go off of, and we can compare that to how much time they could have finished it, and it's way more optimistic than you think it is.  

ethomaz

May or June 2018.

nnodley

link
This was important to know.  

I'm confused about that quote.  it was intended for E3 but they moved it up because he revealed they were reprising their roles?  Am I just reading it wrong?  Or are the two things not even suppose to be connected?  

the-pi-guy

I'm confused about that quote.  it was intended for E3 but they moved it up because he revealed they were reprising their roles?  Am I just reading it wrong?  Or are the two things not even suppose to be connected? 
This is the full quote.
Few other details were revealed--the trailer, which shows Ellie playing a guitar surrounded by zombie bodies, was intended for E3 2017--but developer Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann revealed that voice actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson will be reprising their roles as Joel and Ellie.
Although the "but" is still kind of weird.