GAF vs Chertz: which do you dislike more?

Started by Legend, Nov 27, 2016, 02:19 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I like both but it's pretty obvious I'm an outlier here.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Nov 27, 2016, 02:26 AM Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016, 02:30 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
I'm going with GAF. There is way too many WFT moments going on at Gaf to take them seriously. The echo chamber is god awful. I feel bad for any of their members that want to have a fair and balance discussion. Going against the grain is a sure way to get yourself banned.

the-pi-guy

I like both, but GAF is extremely bothersome.

Cute Pikachu

Gaf is alright on the gaming side but political its just way too hard to form arguments without being made fun of or banned. I got ridiculed for saying how terrible Fidel Castro was and told he is a great guy for sticking it to capitalism. Also they told me people who left Cuba due to oppression are biased wtf.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Max King of the Wild

Chertz. The entire concept is terrible. And Burt totally conned his way to getting money

ethomaz

Nov 27, 2016, 03:52 AM Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016, 03:55 AM by ethomaz
Love everything in GAF.

Hate the biased chertz moderation and to be fair the community lost it interesting comments after we and others members left.

To be fair Chertz was great until 2009... who was there in 2007 to 2009 really had great times with good and fun discussion plus a lot of cool features in the site.

BTW the actual chertz design is terrible... it was so better before it.

Aura7541

Hmmm, a year ago I would've said Chartz is easily worse. But now, that's a very tough choice.

As Max said, Chartz is pretty much a scam. The support system is a joke because I don't see much improvement honestly. Its numbers aren't accurate and no, finally getting them right a few years later isn't good enough. How about getting within a 5% error on your first try every single time? Also, I find the moderation a bit inconsistent. I tend to see some people get away with trolling. The corporate shilling from certain users also brings down the quality of the forum.

GAF has a really bad habit of overreacting so frequently, whether it's politics or gaming related. It really reared its ugly head when GamerGate started. The adamant insistence that GamerGate was an anti-woman harassment campaign is a sad joke, especially now that the Crash Override Network leaks revealed that anti-GamerGate was projecting. It was bad enough that the mods permabanned Boogie for being neutral. GAF's obsequiousness towards Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn is insufferable, too. A mere disagreement will earn you a hivemind pigpile and an immediate ban. Same thing applies to politics whenever someone expresses a conservative opinion. Heck, it doesn't necessarily has to be a right-leaning opinion either.

I'm going to have to say GAF is worse. At least I can express my dislike against anti-GamerGate, Anita Sarkeesian, and Zoe Quinn without fear of getting banned. Chartz's problems can be more easily solved whereas GAF's problems are near impossible since both the mods and users lock themselves in an echo chamber.

Cute Pikachu

Yeah Im more moderate centrost leaning left but I feel bad for conservative viewpoints wanting to be expressed on gaf.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

Hmmm, a year ago I would've said Chartz is easily worse. But now, that's a very tough choice.

GAF has a really bad habit of overreacting so frequently, whether it's politics or gaming related. It really reared its ugly head when GamerGate started. The adamant insistence that GamerGate was an anti-woman harassment campaign is a sad joke, especially now that the Crash Override Network leaks revealed that anti-GamerGate was projecting. It was bad enough that the mods permabanned Boogie for being neutral. GAF's obsequiousness towards Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn is insufferable, too. A mere disagreement will earn you a hivemind pigpile and an immediate ban. Same thing applies to politics whenever someone expresses a conservative opinion. Heck, it doesn't necessarily has to be a right-leaning opinion either.
It doesn't even have to be in disagreement.  
I posted something there, and something like 10 people responded to me for it.  

Basically saying "You're not wrong, but wtf?"

Okay, so you agree with me, but...  what?  

Max King of the Wild

As Max said, Chartz is pretty much a scam. The support system is a joke because I don't see much improvement honestly. Its numbers aren't accurate and no, finally getting them right a few years later isn't good enough. How about getting within a 5% error on your first try every single time? Also, I find the moderation a bit inconsistent. I tend to see some people get away with trolling. The corporate shilling from certain users also brings down the quality of the forum.

I'm going to have to say GAF is worse. At least I can express my dislike against anti-GamerGate, Anita Sarkeesian, and Zoe Quinn without fear of getting banned. Chartz's problems can be more easily solved whereas GAF's problems are near impossible since both the mods and users lock themselves in an echo chamber.
Some corporate shills on the mod team too.

Rorono

GAF. Insulated boiling pot of stupidity and ignorance

Xevross

I like gaf more than charts. The numbers in chartz are pretty much straight up lies but the forums can be interesting to read now and then. Meanwhile gaf just entertains me because I love reading all the overreactions and arguments over stupid little things. Plus news travels fast there.

Dr. Pezus

ChertZ I guess. You can easily ignore stuff on GAF but it's harder on chertz

6god

Honestly they both are horrible. Gaf's moderation is so iced, as is Chartz to a lesser degree. I like smaller communities so I'll just say Gaf is the worse of the two.

Ludicrous Speed

Don't have much issue with Chartz.

GAF has lots of issues, especially with moderation, political "discussion", pandering to extreme levels of political correctness, and Sony bias on the gaming side.

So imho GAF sucks more.