Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Watched Interstellar again. It's been a while.  Mixed feelings about it.  

On the one hand I find the "beings" aspect of it just not good.  It's also really long.  Part of the plot shouldn't work.  

But I think the music does wonders to keep the intensity, so even if it's been 10 minutes since anything has really happened, it doesn't hurt because it builds up anticipation wonderfully.  It's also a pretty emotional movie.
I think it's an amazing movie. The robots are some of the coolest things in sci fi and as you say the music is incredibly fitting. The love plot has weird moments but mostly works I'd say.

Also watched Isn't it romantic. Pretty funny film!

the-pi-guy

>I think it's an amazing movie

I think so too.  Mixed is too strong of a word on my part.  I love ~90% of the movie.  

>The robots are some of the coolest things in sci fi

How so?  

Legend

How so?  
They have such an out there design yet are programed like Siri. Movie never treats them as being alive compared to almost every other movie with advanced AI.

Xevross

I don't love Interstellar but it's way better than Dunkirk that's for sure.

Dr. Pezus

Watched Interstellar again. It's been a while.  Mixed feelings about it.  

On the one hand I find the "beings" aspect of it just not good.  It's also really long.  Part of the plot shouldn't work.  

But I think the music does wonders to keep the intensity, so even if it's been 10 minutes since anything has really happened, it doesn't hurt because it builds up anticipation wonderfully.  It's also a pretty emotional movie.
Music is amazing. Listen to the soundtrack still occasionally

I don't love Interstellar but it's way better than Dunkirk that's for sure.
Yeah watched Dunkirk recently. Good movie but nothing mindblowing. Interstellar was mindblowing in the cinema at least

nnodley

I'm hoping Tenet is amazing.

Interstellar is one of my favorites.  

Xevross

Batman Begins - 7.5/10
TDK - 9.5/10
Inception - 9/10
TDKR - 8/10
Interstellar - 7/10
Dunkirk - 5.5/10

Dr. Pezus

Batman Begins - 7.5/10
TDK - 9.5/10
Inception - 9/10
TDKR - 8/10
Interstellar - 7/10
Dunkirk - 5.5/10
That's some battleship
For me:
BB - 8/10
Prestige - 9/10
TDK - 10/10
TDKR - 8/10
Inception 9.5/10
Interstellar - 9.5/10
Dunkirk - 7/10

the-pi-guy

For me:
BB* 11/10
Prestige N/A
Interstellar 9/10

*Bloodborne

Legend

Prestige was awesome. It never gets enough love.

I also really liked the illusionist which was essentially the same movie made at the same time by different people.

BananaKing

Interstellar is fudgy amazing yo. I'm not very fond of the twist ending. But everything other than that was epic.

Dr. Pezus

Prestige was awesome. It never gets enough love.

I also really liked the illusionist which was essentially the same movie made at the same time by different people.
Haha that was such a fun movie year. Really my first year watching "real" mature movies in the cinema as a teenager. Both blew me away but The Prestige was insane.

nnodley

Actually I've got the interstellar soundtrack on vinyl.  Sounds amazing.

Xevross

Sep 06, 2019, 12:07 PM Last Edit: Sep 06, 2019, 12:09 PM by Xevross
I don't trust anyone who thinks Interstellar is a genuinely great film ;D

Its good, but I won't go any higher than that. Its way too long, only the music stopped me from falling alseep at points and I never sleep during movies. Should have been an hour shorter than it was. I watched it again a year or so later and my opinion remained the same. And of course the whole ending sequence is just pure battleship.

Only film I watched in cinema which bored me more than Interstellar was Dunkirk, so go figure. Its a shame because I do consider The Dark Knight and Inception to be two of my favourite movies, but he's gone downhill since then. I don't have any excitement for Tenet, may well skip it in cinema if its anything like Dunkirk.

nnodley

I don't trust anyone who thinks Interstellar is a genuinely great film ;D

Its good, but I won't go any higher than that. Its way too long, only the music stopped me from falling alseep at points and I never sleep during movies. Should have been an hour shorter than it was. I watched it again a year or so later and my opinion remained the same. And of course the whole ending sequence is just pure battleship.

Only film I watched in cinema which bored me more than Interstellar was Dunkirk, so go figure. Its a shame because I do consider The Dark Knight and Inception to be two of my favourite movies, but he's gone downhill since then. I don't have any excitement for Tenet, may well skip it in cinema if its anything like Dunkirk.
I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but it's wrong!  8)

Kidding, but for me there is just something about it that I can't quite put into words that makes it one of my favorite films.

Go Up