Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer (Nomura Is No Longer Directing)

Started by ethomaz, Sep 18, 2014, 01:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

In reviewing our development structure, we have decided to assign Hajime Tabata as the new director for Final Fantasy XV. Currently, Tabata and the entire development team are working, whole-heartedly, towards completing the production of Final Fantasy XV and ensuring the delivery of the highest quality Final Fantasy title to date. We invite every one of our fans to view the fruits of our labor through Final Fantasy XV's demo, and promise to present a game that further surpasses expectations when the finished product is released.

As the director of Final Fantasy XV, Tetsuya Nomura has mainly worked on the original concept for the story and universe in addition to creating the characters. Hereafter, he will be focusing his efforts on the production of titles that can only be made possible by Nomura, himself, and delivering products that exceed the quality of past titles, starting with another one of his representative projects, Kingdom Hearts III. Square Enix will continue to work on these titles with the best staff formation in an effort to deliver them to everyone as soon as possible and appreciates your continued support.

Max King of the Wild

Looks shaming as hell.

darkknightkryta

I'm not complaining; Tabata's done great work.  Haven't played Type 0 yet, but Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday are great games (3rd Birthday as a game was great, story not so much).  They probably want Kingdom Hearts out the door and Nomura's the only one that understands the mess of a story.

7H3

is that from TGS? or is from the "Asia session" that happened yesterday?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

is that from TGS? or is from the "Asia session" that happened yesterday?

They didn't showed this game yesterday ;)

7H3

i wasn't sure... But I am excited for this game! hopefully it releases this decade!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Looks incredible.

Could this be the first FF I play?

Dr. Pezus

It made no sense to have him direct this and kh

Max King of the Wild

Looks incredible.

Could this be the first FF I play?
really? It shouldn't be. Go back to the ps classics on ps3. Ff7-9 all look better than the declining franchise. Seriously, 13 should never have been a trilogy

BasilZero

Looks incredible.

Cant wait to get it. This will be a day 1 purchase just like I did with Bravely Default.

Nomura not directing and replacing him with the Crisis Core director sounds like a great idea. Nomura can focus on KH3 now.

BananaKing

it actually looks pretty good. to bad its a FF game, im not a fan of the series so i wont buy it.

BasilZero

it actually looks pretty good. to bad its a FF game, im not a fan of the series so i wont buy it.

lol why?

darkknightkryta

It made no sense to have him direct this and kh

Sure it did.  This game was supposed to be Nomura's time to shine in the Final Fantasy space and be his reward for his hard work.  They then gave his "spot" so to speak to Toriyama instead.  Toriyama pretty much destroyed the franchise.  How was Nomura reward for his hard work instead?  Had his entire dev team raided by Toriyama and then he was taken away from his Final Fantasy.  Kick in the balls if you ask me.

Max King of the Wild

The new director has been in charge of directing the 4 worst Final Fantasy's. I have no faith in this new one being good. When people heard Nomura was the director of this they fully expected this one to be better than the main version of 13.

darkknightkryta

The new director has been in charge of directing the 4 worst Final Fantasy's. I have no faith in this new one being good. When people heard Nomura was the director of this they fully expected this one to be better than the main version of 13.

Crisis Core and Type-0 are the worst ffs?

Go Up