Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer (Nomura Is No Longer Directing)

Started by ethomaz, Sep 18, 2014, 01:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hynad

"At the moment, it feels like it's at around 50 - 60%."

"We kind of started from the beginning of the game, so the first part is more complete than the others." Speaking separately with Kotaku, Tabata wanted to clarify: This is 55 percent during the two years Tabata has joined the project and the game's systems are more or less already in - there shouldn't be much of a wait after the demo is out, at least not years and years.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/09/final-fantasy-xv-is-50-60-percent-complete/

Dr. Pezus

So maybe 2 more years? Still 2 years too many

BasilZero

I agree, 2 years seems more like its realistic - no way its coming out next year (at least in the west).

Legend

BasilZero

Saw this at GAF - it was perfect for that thread XD

(Along with the Lightning in the hallway XD)

Mmm_fish_tacos

I have a feeling this will be the worst one yet.. FF is dead.

Hynad

Sep 24, 2014, 09:40 PM Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014, 09:43 PM by Hynad

Indeed. Get into that hating bandwagon, where people jump to the most stupidly hasty conclusions, thinking they know all there is to know about something, based on a few vague sentences said by a developer. -___-

Aren't you better than that?

Dr. Pezus

I think some people are overreacting after the new director was quoted recently. He probably means he wants more direct action, like action games or action RPGs, instead of you having to select the moves from a menu. I am all for that, personally. It's a lot like KH, right?

Dr. Pezus

Also, I have no idea how anyone can think this FF will be the worst one! What I've seen so far looks phenomenal, and not only in the graphics department. All they need now is a good story imo.

Hynad

Also, I have no idea how anyone can think this FF will be the worst one! What I've seen so far looks phenomenal, and not only in the graphics department. All they need now is a good story imo.

Kazushige Nojima is penning the game's story. He's the one who wrote FF VII, VIII, X, X-2, KH, KH 2, and the scenario concept for XIII.

I think it's in good hands. Now, let's hope the story telling will be as good as the writing. That's what ruined XIII's story for me. Having to read all those datalogs because the producers couldn't make proper cut-scenes or incorporate the story elements into the gameplay sequences...

BasilZero

You obviously havent played Final Fantasy Mystic Quest or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers ;x.......

I have a feeling FFXV will be one of the best FF games :P

Cant wait for it!

BasilZero

Sep 25, 2014, 02:07 AM Last Edit: Sep 25, 2014, 02:09 AM by BasilZero

I think some people are overreacting after the new director was quoted recently. He probably means he wants more direct action, like action games or action RPGs, instead of you having to select the moves from a menu. I am all for that, personally. It's a lot like KH, right?

Originally it was planned to be like KH but its now more like FFVII Crisis Core which I have to say was a fantastic game.

The only downside for me is the lack of playable female characters or main female protagonists. But I guess thats not a surprise considering the last 3 non-MMO FF games had female primary protagonists.

Yuna - FFX
Ashe - FFXII
Lightning - FFXIII

Yes even though Tidus and Vaan were the player controller characters - it felt more like they were in the narration or PoV type character rather than the protagonist of the story.

darkknightkryta

Kazushige Nojima is penning the game's story. He's the one who wrote FF VII, VIII, X, X-2, KH, KH 2, and the scenario concept for XIII.

I think it's in good hands. Now, let's hope the story telling will be as good as the writing. That's what ruined XIII's story for me. Having to read all those datalogs because the producers couldn't make proper cut-scenes or incorporate the story elements into the gameplay sequences...

Yeah, Toriyama is a terrible writer.  I don't know how he managed to take Nojima's scenario and butcher it to hell.  Hopefully he won't be any where near this title.

Go Up