How's School?

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I found all the syllabi for Computer Science.  :o
Some pretty exciting classes.  

nnodley

Starting to think of plan B if I don't get a job in the games industry within the next 6 months to a year.  I'm thinking make my portfolio as kickass as possible by the beginning of september.  Get tons of connections over the next couple months and start applying again to anything that I fit the qualifications for most of september and october.  If I get nothing through that, then I'll take another month and work on a really small portfolio piece and tweak some things and apply again in December and January.  If I still don't get anything I might go back to school and get my Masters so I would be able to take another 2 years and focus on environment art even more without worry of needing a job in the industry yet.  Try for some internships while doing the degree and hope I get something.  Plus I would love the opportunity to teach other people in the program as an instructor after working in the industry for a bit.  Cause our college needs instructors with experience in the industry which is why our program has like a less than 10% success rate getting into the AAA industry.

the-pi-guy

So it looks like I need a 75% on the final to get an A.  :D

Aura7541

Presented and successfully defended my Master's thesis. Now I just need to submit all of my paperwork and write-up to my university.

nnodley

Welp, think I finally decided to go back to school to do the Masters program for my degree!!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Welp, think I finally decided to go back to school to do the Masters program for my degree!!
K, see yeah again in two years.   :(

nnodley

K, see yeah again in two years.   :(
Haha, probably!  I hope to keep a good schedule so I can play games and be on here at times.  I'm not starting till spring semester so it will be a bit.  This time I'll will be moving to an apartment near campus so I don't have to drive over an hour to campus.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Haha, probably!  I hope to keep a good schedule so I can play games and be on here at times.  I'm not starting till spring semester so it will be a bit.  This time I'll will be moving to an apartment near campus so I don't have to drive over an hour to campus.
Awesome man.

the-pi-guy

You sure that's the best thing?  
What is your bachelor's degree called?  

nnodley

You sure that's the best thing? 
What is your bachelor's degree called? 
It's media arts and science

And yeah I've been thinking a lot about wanting the ability to teach what I do to others at some point and most everywhere college wise you'll need a masters degree and if you don't in some places it won't be long till you do. Plus I see this as a way to have another year or so of just focusing on my environments, material studies, and props. 

the-pi-guy

Has anyone taken a Japanese class?

the-pi-guy

So my Associates degree has been approved.  
This guy has a college degree!  :D

3 more years!

the-pi-guy

My first say back.  
I'm super exhausted.

:/
Jeez.  
Been a little worried about passing out today or something.  :P so far so good.  3 more hours to go.  

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Discrete Structures:  Learning Latex, and logic right now.  Really difficult, just kind of learn it yourself right now.  
Abstract Algebra: We've just been given a couple of problems and give justification for why they work.  Looks like it'll be an interesting class.
Intro to Modern Physics: Really cool.
Awesome teachers all around^

PDE: Really cool that I remember so much ODE.  Should be helpful.  
Japanese: Really hard. :P
Assembly: Haven't really gotten into anything.

Go Up