Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Thread (83 Opencritic from 73 Reviews)

Started by Xevross, Nov 14, 2019, 07:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Xevross

It increased a lot! I'm close
Yep, seems like you're going to win. Although there's still a lot of reviews to come so who knows. Personally I'm a bit disappointed with this score, I feel like its not quite high enough to be a big GOTY contender come awards season, and for me its easily the GOTY.

nnodley

Xevross

Oh man, when you unlock most of the skill tree and get all the upgrades combat feels so fudgy amazing. This is the dream lightsaber jedi badass game.

Legend

Still shows 84 for me with 23 reviews. Has the score jumped around a lot?

Xevross

Still shows 84 for me with 23 reviews. Has the score jumped around a lot?
Your problem is using inferior websites ;)

Xevross

And there's the credits. Wow that ending, my heart is at like 100bpm. Loved the game so much, will be getting the platinum for sure.

Legend

And there's the credits. Wow that ending, my heart is at like 100bpm. Loved the game so much, will be getting the platinum for sure.
How large is it? Tf2 like?

Xevross

How large is it? Tf2 like?
Took me 16 hours and I'm almost always quicker than average at completing games. Still some side content I haven't done either, so I'd say easy 20+ hours content. There's several planets to visit, each has a great metroidvania map and some of them are very large. I personally adore the level design, I think its brilliant. However, I have seen some complaints on Era about it.

Dr. Pezus

Game sounds really good to me. Thought it was just a linear lightsaber duel sim but pleasantly surprised it's more open. Nice to hear it's inspired by souls games, gow, Uncharted and such

Xevross

Giant bomb gave it 3 stars just due to technical issues. Just shows how borked it is to use score aggregators. I feel like gaming reviews need an overhaul,and updating reviews should be common. I wonder if opencritic updates scores with updated reviews...

Game is definitely a 9.0/10 from me anyway. Would maybe be 9.3 or higher if it weren't for the technical issues. Its extremely well put together, it feels fantastic to play and the story is great. Levels design is top notch, even if it is quite game-y. But it doesn't do anything unique or new, really, which is why it can't reach a 9.5+.

Still, its my GOTY now, and I think Sekiro is probably the only game that could top it. 9.0/10 would be my lowest score for my personal GOTY since 2013, and that was due to waiting for the remastered versions of TLOU and GTAV, and I think I scored Black Flag higher at the time as well. Soif you don't count that then this would be my lowest GOTY that I can remember since I started properly playing games. Yeesh. Funny, I think this year also set a new record for me for number of games in the 8.0-9.0 range. So many very good but not amazing games this year...

Dr. Pezus

Giant bomb gave it 3 stars just due to technical issues. Just shows how borked it is to use score aggregators. I feel like gaming reviews need an overhaul,and updating reviews should be common. I wonder if opencritic updates scores with updated reviews...

Game is definitely a 9.0/10 from me anyway. Would maybe be 9.3 or higher if it weren't for the technical issues. Its extremely well put together, it feels fantastic to play and the story is great. Levels design is top notch, even if it is quite game-y. But it doesn't do anything unique or new, really, which is why it can't reach a 9.5+.

Still, its my GOTY now, and I think Sekiro is probably the only game that could top it. 9.0/10 would be my lowest score for my personal GOTY since 2013, and that was due to waiting for the remastered versions of TLOU and GTAV, and I think I scored Black Flag higher at the time as well. Soif you don't count that then this would be my lowest GOTY that I can remember since I started properly playing games. Yeesh. Funny, I think this year also set a new record for me for number of games in the 8.0-9.0 range. So many very good but not amazing games this year...
Well maybe they played the base Xbox version, which seems borderline terrible from what I saw on digital foundry. They didn't have the PS4 version so not sure how that compares

Xevross

Well maybe they played the base Xbox version, which seems borderline terrible from what I saw on digital foundry. They didn't have the PS4 version so not sure how that compares

Yeah but I was more talking about the score change. Giant Bomb docked it one point for performance issues on their scale, which is equivalent to 20 points on opencritic/ metacritic. Meanwhile another reviewer may have a 20 point scale and it would only cost 5 points on meta, etc. Its just silly to compile all these into one place really. That's one of the reasons I like opencritic a lot more, you can actually see the scale that the outlet uses so you can understand their score better.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah but I was more talking about the score change. Giant Bomb docked it one point for performance issues on their scale, which is equivalent to 20 points on opencritic/ metacritic. Meanwhile another reviewer may have a 20 point scale and it would only cost 5 points on meta, etc. Its just silly to compile all these into one place really. That's one of the reasons I like opencritic a lot more, you can actually see the scale that the outlet uses so you can understand their score better.
Yeah I know. It's harsher but then again they use the lower scores more than most other reviewers, which tbh is how it should be. Maybe meta should just show 1-5 stars tbh. With half stars as well. Arguing over single points is ridiculous when sites use different scales etc

Xevross

Makes me sad the score is dropping so much. Going back through the game to get the plat after I've finished pokemon is just reaffirming the game as GOTY to me. It should be way higher. I guess technical issues aren't as forgivable for some people.

Legend

How bad do the technical issues get? Only thing I know about is the record setting amount of shimmy/load moments.

Go Up