What will Sony do next?

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 22, 2020, 01:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

i've said this before but i've expected and kind of disappointed that psnow didn't get reworked for ps5.   all of my digital games should be playable there,.. even day-1 AAA ps5 games.   being able to take my library anywhere would be an amazing value add that realistically i'd barely use.  i'm not going to run from the cloud when i have the opportunity to play locally.   

with that feature in place then my digital library + my ps+ library is a pretty good competitor to gamepass.   hell, on the "psnow ulimate" they could even throw in 2 more games a month and that would bring us to 48 games a year.   that is more games then gamepass at this point and games aren't removed so my library would be growing much faster than on gamepass.  sony's first party still being better than ms's first party would be a big draw to the service.   i don't know about putting sony's full first party on the service day-1 but maybe they could take a policy like disney+ and say it will be added 1 year later.   

however, a commitment to PC becomes a requirement to get their service up to the 50-100 million subscribers required to make a subscription service work.   i don't entirely like that because that means a commitment to not fully utilizing the console and then sony's games will look like that halo crud MS showed.   i'd prefer sony is committed to amazing new experiences like the new ratchet and clank instead of cross platform.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens