God of War OT - God of YouTube?

Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 20, 2018, 10:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I've probably played it like 12-14 hours so far and feels like I'm just getting started. Have a feeling it's going to leave some things for the sequel
By that point I was about 8-9 hours in so you're definitely going slower than me lol. Although I'd barely done any side content at that point, and it was after that I spent a few hours exploring the lake.

Dr. Pezus

:o why did you quote me? Did you see anything? :P

Yeah the graphics were amazing there.
You edited something in after I did it seems. Good

By that point I was about 8-9 hours in so you're definitely going slower than me lol. Although I'd barely done any side content at that point, and it was after that I spent a few hours exploring the lake.
I've basically finished the lake area except for stuff that was locked out. I also did all the side content I could find in the other place

I'm also opening all chests I can

So it'll probably take me like 40 hours to finish this, huh?

Xevross

You edited something in after I did it seems. Good
I've basically finished the lake area except for stuff that was locked out. I also did all the side content I could find in the other place

I'm also opening all chests I can

So it'll probably take me like 40 hours to finish this, huh?
Lol yeah I meant to make it a separate post but I forgot the forum combines them, good job you missed it lol.

40 hours including the majority of optional content, sure. Most people, like me, are leaving a fair amount for after the story. The final parts of the story aren't as high level/ as difficult as quite a lot of the optional content. So the side stuff is the real end game. You'll find out about all that anyway.

Dr. Pezus

Lol yeah I meant to make it a separate post but I forgot the forum combines them, good job you missed it lol.

40 hours including the majority of optional content, sure. Most people, like me, are leaving a fair amount for after the story. The final parts of the story aren't as high level/ as difficult as quite a lot of the optional content. So the side stuff is the real end game. You'll find out about all that anyway.
I've been considering raising the difficulty back to hard lulz. Been destroying fools for a while. Upgraded most skills already

Xevross

I've been considering raising the difficulty back to hard lulz. Been destroying fools for a while. Upgraded most skills already
Yeah I was considering that but I usually enjoy smashing things to bits rather than a difficult challenge  :P

Also since there's no trophy or anything to earn, it would feel like I'm just artificially making things more difficult and time consuming for myself. I might have a second playthrough on a harder difficulty though.

nnodley

yeah the snow shaders and deformation is absolutely insane.  Best I have seen by far.  

I'm on normal and some fights are challenging, but most are pretty easy.  I probably won't go harder just cause I like feeling like a God

Legend

I love this game. Just needs a solid ending to be awesome. No idea how much is left.

DD_Bwest

fudgy loving it so far, no idea how far i am but hope there is lot left lol  

Spoiler for Hidden:
killed a dragon and made it to the top of the mountain before having to call it a night.  i guess ill see how the witch is doing tomorrow

Kerotan

Apr 24, 2018, 05:51 PM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018, 06:28 PM by Kerotan
How do I open the doors with the green light on them?? I've already opened a few when you first get the ability but can't seem to do it now

OK I figured it out. So the green balls I'm seeing aren't actually powered up. You must find the source and then power them up

Xevross

I only just realised that in the fast travel bridge thing you can just stand still and wait for the door to appear in front of you rather than running round. Lol.

Xevross

HOT. dang. By far the best boss fight in the game is completely optional and quite well hidden. I died to this boss I think more than the entire rest of the game combined. So good.

Dr. Pezus

HOT. dang. By far the best boss fight in the game is completely optional and quite well hidden. I died to this boss I think more than the entire rest of the game combined. So good.
Late game?

Legend

Beat the game. Really loved it but wish there was more story.

Xevross

Late game?
Super late game. I've done I think everything in the game now and that is by far the most difficult part. It doesn't help that I tried doing it without Spartan Rage for a while. Eventually I gave up, went to max my rage bar (as well as upgrading my gear a bit), then came back and it only took me a couple more tries.

Xevross

Beat the game. Really loved it but wish there was more story.
Yeah same.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I thought the final fight with Baldur was the start of the end game, not the last fight in the game. I think it would have worked if they&#39;d built up to it better. There was no indication that was the final fight of the game until after it had been finished. I was expecting more and that left me a bit disappointed. Mainly, I was expecting there to be more to Jotunheim, like maybe a couple hours journey to the top. But upon reflection I still love the ending. The ending was written really well, but its clear they&#39;re leaving a lot open for the story in terms of sequels. Oh also, have you gone back home yet? You need to do that for an extra scene.<br><br>Also where was your reaction to the blades section?? That was the best part of the story!<br><br>Plus there&#39;s still lots to do like all the Musphelheim trials, Nilfheim stuff and all the Valkyries.

Go Up