Vizioneck Halloween Gaming Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 15, 2014, 02:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Halloween Styled Gamez

Medievil (Original, Resurrection, my personal favourite)
1 (33.3%)
Resident Evil (Entire series)
0 (0%)
Silent Hill (Entire series)
0 (0%)
House of the Dead (Overkill especially, series)
0 (0%)
Jersey Devil
0 (0%)
Infamous Festival of Blood (seriously recommend this game, it takes place during a halloween party)
0 (0%)
Luigi's Mansion
0 (0%)
Maximo/Ghosts and Goblins (All of them)
0 (0%)
Castlevania (Everyone but the new ones)
0 (0%)
Costume Quest (Didn't get a chance to play it, but it takes place during Halloween).
0 (0%)
Fatal Frame
1 (33.3%)
Until Dawn (Recently Released)
1 (33.3%)
Evil Within
0 (0%)
Haunting Ground (Capcom published this apparently)
0 (0%)
Siren (Silent Hill/Gravity Rush creator made this series)
0 (0%)
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
0 (0%)
Left 4 Dead (Series)
0 (0%)
Pupeteer
0 (0%)
Dead Rising (Series)
0 (0%)
Lolipop Chainsaw
0 (0%)
Five Nights at Freddy's
0 (0%)
Bloodborne
0 (0%)
Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior
0 (0%)
Until Dawn
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Linked Events

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Pumpkin Jack demo was solid for the first few minutes of it that I played.  A bit linear.

I'm making my way through Medievil 2.  Holy crud!  What the hell did Cambridge do?  No wonder Sony wants nothing to do with it.  The charm is gone.  The art is bland. The camera might be one of the worst I've seen in a game.  They ruined the combat with enemy blocking (So poorly programmed). The soundtrack is fantastic though.  I want to finish it just because, but I've been tempted to drop it.

I think I'm going to boot up Bloodborne.  The closest thing to Medievil 3 that we'll get.

darkknightkryta

Near the end of Leon's campaign in RE 2.  It's honestly scarier walking through the underground lab than the entire game.  Even, what I imagine to be the last safe room has this earie music as opposed to the safe room music.

I also remembered I haven't finished RE Revelations the first yet.  I should probably finish that.

darkknightkryta

Finished Leon's campaign.  Started Claire's.  It's weird.  I switched to PSX since I heard there was issues with GDEMU and Claire's disc, starting a save with Claire from Leon's campaign and playing it stock is so different.  I might have to go back to the Dreamcast version.

darkknightkryta

Finished Resident Evil 2 finally.  That rock song at the end for the credits was hilarious.  "Horror" indeed.

kitler53

i'm still working on until dawn.  not saying it's a bad game but i do have a hard time playing it as a guy that doesn't actually like "horror" games or movies.  

soo dang many jump scares...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Maybe I'll finally play until dawn this year!

Watched an easy allies playthrough years ago.

Xevross

i'm still working on until dawn.  not saying it's a bad game but i do have a hard time playing it as a guy that doesn't actually like "horror" games or movies.  

This is why I only ever watch playthroughs of horror games if I'm interested in them, I just can't play them.

Dr. Pezus

i'm still working on until dawn.  not saying it's a bad game but i do have a hard time playing it as a guy that doesn't actually like "horror" games or movies.  

So good

darkknightkryta

My friend said the game's kinda like... when someone dies, it's' their fault.  Like those slasher flicks.  Wasn't Until Dawn supposed to use the Move for flashlight?

Probably going to round out Halloween with the Medievil Remake.  After finishing Resident Evil and going to that gothic setting kinda put me at ease for Halloween.  I should probably try Pumpkin Jack before tomorrow at least though.

darkknightkryta

Since I finished the OG RE2, I think I might start the remake.  

kitler53

i should be finishing bugsnax pretty soon.

last year i got about half way though until dawn.  i think i'll try to finish that this year.  i'm also thinking of picking up that pumpkin jack game that missed the halloween season last year.   reviews seem decent,.. not expecting anything mindblowing but it looks like a good way to get into the halloween spirit.   either that or maybe i'll finally pick up little nightmares.   ...or maybe play soma.

halloween has soo many games to choose from.  i really wish someone would make a good xmas themed game.

darkknightkryta

i should be finishing bugsnax pretty soon.

last year i got about half way though until dawn.  i think i'll try to finish that this year.  i'm also thinking of picking up that pumpkin jack game that missed the halloween season last year.   reviews seem decent,.. not expecting anything mindblowing but it looks like a good way to get into the halloween spirit.   either that or maybe i'll finally pick up little nightmares.   ...or maybe play soma.

halloween has soo many games to choose from.  i really wish someone would make a good xmas themed game.
Batman Origins is like, the closest thing.  

darkknightkryta

Started the RE2 Remake.  Godamn.  

Also started Pumpkin Jack.  So far it's been good.

Started Bloodstained

kitler53

Started the RE2 Remake.  Godamn.  

Also started Pumpkin Jack.  So far it's been good.

Started Bloodstained
let me know more about that as you play.   i'm a day or 2 away from finishing bugsnax and was thinking of picking that up.

darkknightkryta

let me know more about that as you play.   i'm a day or 2 away from finishing bugsnax and was thinking of picking that up.
I haven't put much more time on it since the other day.  But it felt like a good simple platformer.  It's a pretty decent re-imagining of Medievil.  Like it feels like what Medievil would be if it was made today with modern technologies.  It's smooth, but at the same combat is worse.  The first Medievil got that done well enough for the type of game that it is.   I'll let you know how long it is.  I'm still only in the beginning.

Go Up