AC Unity PS4 gimped to 900p in order to match Xbox one

Started by Legend, Oct 06, 2014, 07:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

not only am i pissed off about this practice,  its soo stupid.   it might be arguments about silly resolution, but it has thousands of people talking about the game,  sharing pics and videos of the game.. its free advertising.   its messed up how they just came out to say it

Eh, assassin's creed is huge. Every gamer with a PS4 or Xbox One (or who will potentially buy either) already knows a fair amount about the game. It's free advertising, but barely makes a difference.

The parity is the only thing that will affect sales imo. XBO sales will be slightly up and PS4 sales will be significantly down.

NeverDies

Haha, that Dragon Age post. XD
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

ethomaz

lol the second blackcrushed pic.

Legend

ethomaz

This is the official Germany community?

Legend

I believe so.

the-pi-guy

As real as Tidux. 

Legend

ethomaz

I found the owner of the twitter's account in GAF ;)

It is a parody like the Kaz CEO.

the-pi-guy

PlayStation4 Germany @PS4Germany  ยท  Oct 3
@Tidux One more hint please :)

ethomaz

Riderz1337

Hmmm that's weird. If they had said they could not achieve 1080P on PS4/Xbox One because of technical reasons I would have been completely fine with it, but the fact that they are creating parity between the two versions just so there won't be  so called "debates" on the internet is downright laughable.

Surely, they could have used whatever logic Ubisoft has left and realized that coming out with a statement like that will create even MORE debate/chatter. Then again, maybe this is all intentional and they are doing it for publicity.

That said, I do not see myself purchasing this game now which is a shame because I was looking forward to it. Oh and before anyone replies to me with "herp derp pixels/resolution don't matter its all about fun", I didn't say I'm not purchasing it because it's not 1080P. I am not purchasing it because I don't feel like supporting a company that intentionally gimps the PS4 version of their game. Like I said, had they said they were unable to reach 1080P because of technical reasons I would have been fine with it and still purchased/looked forward to AC Unity.

Perhaps I will pick up a used copy. Besides I dont make that much money and this holiday I'll be picking up a PS4 with Far Cry 4, that's already around 500$ canadian down the drain =/. Not to mention I need a new monitor...Yeah you get the point.

Disappointed in Ubisoft. Funny that the only game I'll be purchasing with my new PS4 will be Far Cry 4 lolz...
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

ethomaz

The gif was finally upgraded.

darkknightkryta

I think they're saying it to actually put pressure on MS.  Or else they would have been quiet about it and just say they had to when and if it was brought up in interviews.  Throwing it out there so blatantly would just cause more bad PR for MS.  I mean for example; the Tomb Raider announcement was supposed to be a "huge win" for MS, just to have it turned around into a PR nightmare.  Same thing is gonna happen here, especially when the majority of "new gen" gamers are PS4 gamers.

u4gReservoirDogs

I think they're saying it to actually put pressure on MS.  Or else they would have been quiet about it and just say they had to when and if it was brought up in interviews.  Throwing it out there so blatantly would just cause more bad PR for MS.  I mean for example; the Tomb Raider announcement was supposed to be a "huge win" for MS, just to have it turned around into a PR nightmare.  Same thing is gonna happen here, especially when the majority of "new gen" gamers are PS4 gamers.

Yupp, could be so ... more then 66.7% of the next gen gamers (PS4 + XO) play on PS4.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Go Up