Hajime Tabata interview: Make more casual

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 23, 2014, 04:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Tabata's also in pursuit of a Final Fantasy that's not as overwhelming as its predecessors, and one that can be enjoyed by a broader audience. "With Final Fantasy 15, I do want to make it more casual," he says. "Of course the depth of the game is going to be there, but I want to make it so players can easily experience the satisfaction of the depth of the game."

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-22-meet-hajime-tabata-final-fantasys-latest-saviour?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Dr. Pezus

Surely he means he is going to connect moves to the different buttons on the controller as opposed to only selecting each move with numerous presses of 'X'?