Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I'm going to see it soon

Legend

Saw intersteller. Great film. Pretty scientiffically legit too.

NeverDies

I loved the robots in Interstellar. They were ridiculously cool.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

7H3

sounds like I have at least two movies too add to my watch list now :P
just finally watched the latest xmen movie and I really liked it and am hyped for the next one!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

Watching Godzilla for the first time.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Frankly I'm disappointed that Legend dies so quickly.&nbsp;

Riderz1337

Watching Godzilla for the first time.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Frankly I'm disappointed that Legend dies so quickly. 

I honestly thought Godzilla was pretty good on my first watch through...
Then I watched it again and I'm like wtf is this shame...
Then I watched it a third time with my little brother and I realized just how utter crud that movie is.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

I honestly thought Godzilla was pretty good on my first watch through...
Then I watched it again and I'm like wtf is this shame...
Then I watched it a third time with my little brother and I realized just how utter crud that movie is.

I've lost most of my interest.  About an hour in. 

Riderz1337

I've lost most of my interest.  About an hour in. 

The parts where it makes it seem like there's about to be a big fight, and then the camera pans in a different direction or the scene just changes completely, it really frustrated me. For some reason I was expecting Pacific Rim style action scenes.

the-pi-guy

It just feels empty to me.  I dont know what it is exactly. 

the-pi-guy

hory sheet was godzilla ever good

You lied to me!
I'm legitimately disappointed.

Riderz1337

Legend

Add me to the disappointed camp.

Godzilla 2000 was much better.

DD_Bwest

You lied to me!
I'm legitimately disappointed.

hey i enjoyd it! but it did need more monster vs monster action

the-pi-guy

Now that it's done and I've slept on it. 
My thoughts on Godzilla.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br />My first problem with the movie is that the only character that I cared about died in the first half hour, before anything happened.&nbsp; Honestly, the movie would've been better if that didn't happen.&nbsp; A brilliant scientist who is deemed crazy by even his own family figures out some things about the monster that people who actually knew about it didn't know.&nbsp; I was expecting the movie to be so much better.&nbsp; <br />Now, even if they did kill him off.&nbsp; They should have capitalized on it.&nbsp; There are lots of emotional parts of the movie, but they are generally skipped over with maybe 30 seconds to think about them.&nbsp; These moments quickly get glossed over, and forgotten.&nbsp; <br />There wasn't really as much focus as the movie needed.&nbsp; Who was the main character?&nbsp; Godzilla?&nbsp; He was the hero, and it seemed like someone wanted him to be the main character, but that wasn't the case.&nbsp; <br />The crazy scientist?&nbsp; The intro seemed like that's how it wanted to go, until they killed him off.&nbsp; Minutes after choosing him to go along to help the other scientist.&nbsp; It felt very anticlimactic for me.&nbsp; <br />The first person who's listed in the credits?&nbsp; The problem is that he disappears so much of the movie.&nbsp; Even when he's on the screen, he's buried under all the other army guys.&nbsp; (metaphorically)&nbsp; <br />The movie had great human characters, but they don't capitalize on them.&nbsp; <br />The monsters were generally even more forgotten.&nbsp; <br /><br />It feels like the movie could've gone a lot of different, great ways.&nbsp; It didn't.&nbsp; There wasn't any Michael Bay appeal with big fights, and explosions.&nbsp; There wasn't any emotional appeal.&nbsp; There were some good moments, but the movie seemed to forget about them.&nbsp; <br />When she decided to leave her kid on the bus with her friends.&nbsp; I don't feel like that really built up at all, it just kind of happened.&nbsp; And then it was forgotten about until&nbsp; a little bit later when the bus is on the bridge.&nbsp; This could've been a great emotional poke, but instead at best we get some 30 seconds; if that.&nbsp; <br /><br />Quite honestly, I forgot all the characters names.&nbsp; Most of the time when the leading character was on the screen; I couldn't point him out.&nbsp; We didn't get to know him, before they put a few other army guys who we don't know at all. <br />

Dr. Pezus

Go Up