Movie Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

Man of Steel, explained superman's powers retardedly. What the fudge was the codex besides retarded? Butchered lois lanes existence. Didn't understand that gravity doesn't negate black holes pull. Killed Jonathan off in the most stupid way. Jonathan straight up tells a young Clark to let a school bus full of kids die next time. Clark just spills his guts to the first reporter to show... Should I go on?
My sister works in a theater. I go see most movies just because it's free. Very few movies aren't worth even seeing for free.
By explaining his powers retardedly, do you mean 100% comic based?  Superman gets all his powers from the sun.  It's been this way for maybe 50 years now.  It's been this way in every medium.  You'd have to know nothing about Superman (Which I suspect is the case for the majority of people complaining about these two films) to complain about that.

The codex was the basis of Kryptonian life.  They've been engineering people instead of procreation for millenia.  Not sure if it's this way in the comics.  It was more or less used to show Superman was siding with his new world instead of insane Zod.  Superman was willing to destroy Krypton's future to stop Zod and save earth.  You know, selflessly saving people as people complains he does do in these films (Which he does). 

They didn't butcher Lois Lane's existence.  She's a hardcore reporter willing to get herself nearly killed to get her story.  That's exactly as they portrayed her here. 

The gravity/blackhole thing wasn't anything other than the phantom zone.  Snyder just tried to explain how it would possibly work.  Phantom Zone has been in the comics for a long time.  Goyer/Snyder just modified it to fit their story, which wasn't poorly done.

If you can't understand why Jonathan died, because he felt so deeply the world wasn't ready for Superman.  I don't know what to tell you.  Jonathan felt he was doing what was right.  If Superman came out that way, it could possibly have been a disaster.  Part of this reasoning is dealt with in Man of Steel where Superman's actions are questioned.  Same goes with the school bus.  But if you listen to what Jonathan said, he said "Maybe" as in, he doesn't know what the right thing is to do.  Which is why he let himself die to protect his son.  Which is what any good father would do.

You do realize Lois found a paper trail left by Clark, which is how she found him?  You know, showing off her reporter skills which you're apparently complaining about.  He was willing to talk because he felt she was trust worthy.  Plus transparency.  His father was so worried about what would happen if Superman was discovered, now that it was going to happen, Clark was going to be transparent.  So that people don't come to him with pitchforks.

Add me to the hate train for Man of steel. Everything in it was just so average, and they made superman feel underpowered.

I think bvs looks much better, but I'm worried it ends with a huge cliffhanger.
Superman under powered?  You crazy?  He caused trillions of dollars in damages.    On top of that he managed to take Zod up into Space in minutes and they both came back down in reminiscence of gods.  My dad actually said, when we were watching that part "What if people like that exist in the universe and came here to take over.  What would we do?".  Plus they're portraying Superman on the high end of his portrayals.  Like, how absurd he is in comics currently is how he is in this movie.  Still the most physically strongest being shown in movies.