Xbox Series X originally releasing in late August, Lockhart mid October

Started by Legend, Jun 30, 2020, 06:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Brad Sams: Series X was supposed be released in late August and Lockhart mid October | ResetEra

Initially, the console was going to be announced in June but the latest reports say August, but I can't independently verify that yet. Here's a fun fact though, the original launch plans for Lockhart was that it was going to be released in Mid-October. That may not sound all that surprising, but Anaconda, the series X, was going to release in late August; clearly plans have been adjusted since the conception of the hardware.

No surprise that those dates have slipped and the announcement timeline for Lockhart has been far more fluid than we have seen in previous years. That's why it's a bit hard to lock down the exact date but the announcement should be coming sooner, rather than later.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
www.thurrott.com   The Latest on Lockhart - Thurrott.com  Here's the latest on what is, and isn't happening, with Lockhart.   www.thurrott.com www.thurrott.com    
Matt said:    Yeah it was supposed to be at one point very late summer/very early fall.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
That could explain why the Series X box was shown so early compared to other xbox systems. Hopefully Series X is still somewhat soon. I'm excited for it.

the-pi-guy

MS's strategies just get weirder for me.