When are you planning to upgrade to next gen?

Started by Legend, Jan 27, 2020, 04:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

As soon as possible.  

Told wifey I would like to get a PS5 this year and she is up for it.  

Issue is, unless things get quite a lot better, it'll be a whil before we can afford it.

If I can get it launch day though, that's the plan.

nnodley

ps5 on launch for sure.

I may get a series x eventually, but may also just play all those games i want exclusive wise on PC since i got a mega pc already

Xevross

I'll pre-order a PS5 so I guess whenever Sony decide the release date is.

kitler53

i played it safe with ps4.  i waited most of a year before upgrading just to see who would "win".   even though i was hoping playstation would win i didn't want to invest is dead hardware.  it really didn't feel like that hard of a wait anyways because ps4 had such a small amount of exclusive software anyways and i had a lot of ps3 games still in my backlog.  it was nice to show up late and have a decent backlog to get started on.

part of me wants to wait again.  with xbox having no exclusives it seems like waiting should be an even easier choice than last gen.  sony appears to be having next gen exclusives but realistically that will still only be a couple games in the first year anyways and my ps4 backlog is huuuge.  really i ought to feel no particular rush to upgrade at all....

...but the other part of me has a lot of money and is really intrigued by the SSD's promise to eliminate load times.   combined with the promise of BC i may just get a ps5 right away just to play my ps4 backlog, as dumb as that sounds.  oh, and i bought a 55" HDR 4k tv this last holiday,.. so it would be nice to have appropriate content for the tv but that isn't a big motivator for me.

so yeah, not entirely sure.  my decision will be determined by details around BC most likely.  if BC has a lot of caveats i'll probably wait a year but the promise of eliminating load times is true i'll probably buy the first one i see on the shelf.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i played it safe with ps4.  i waited most of a year before upgrading just to see who would "win".   even though i was hoping playstation would win i didn't want to invest is dead hardware.  it really didn't feel like that hard of a wait anyways because ps4 had such a small amount of exclusive software anyways and i had a lot of ps3 games still in my backlog.  it was nice to show up late and have a decent backlog to get started on.

part of me wants to wait again.  with xbox having no exclusives it seems like waiting should be an even easier choice than last gen.  sony appears to be having next gen exclusives but realistically that will still only be a couple games in the first year anyways and my ps4 backlog is huuuge.  really i ought to feel no particular rush to upgrade at all....

...but the other part of me has a lot of money and is really intrigued by the SSD's promise to eliminate load times.   combined with the promise of BC i may just get a ps5 right away just to play my ps4 backlog, as dumb as that sounds.  oh, and i bought a 55" HDR 4k tv this last holiday,.. so it would be nice to have appropriate content for the tv but that isn't a big motivator for me.

so yeah, not entirely sure.  my decision will be determined by details around BC most likely.  if BC has a lot of caveats i'll probably wait a year but the promise of eliminating load times is true i'll probably buy the first one i see on the shelf.
It's funny that you're the first person to have not made up your mind yet.

Throw me in the same BC camp. I don't care about old games looking better on PS5 (I find it strange that so many people think BC=remastered graphics) but I'd love to have faster load times. Almost bought an SSD for my PS4 since it's such a nice quality of life feature.

It's the same reason why I'm tempted to buy an Xbox Series X at launch. Sure all its games will be on PC but I'd love to explore the Xbox One games I've missed out on. Just never buy gold and it could be a great supplementary console.

BananaKing

I'm probably gonna wait a year or two till I upgrade to a PS5. Most games are going to be cross gen. And I have a massive amount of games I still want to play on PS4. With next coming PS4 games prices will drop even further. I'll wait till PS5 is a bit cheaper and has a better library of next gen only games.