The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Ridiculously
0 (0%)
Very
1 (20%)
Somewhat
0 (0%)
Not at all
0 (0%)
Depends on my mood
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Legend

Lol.    

"The tracking is even better. It is inside out as opposed to rift's outside in."
Hmmm, that doesn't sound right.  
Yeah it's true hololens is inside out, but neither way is inherently better.

Although hololens doesn't have trackers so no way does it have better tracking.

And I really need to hurry up and get PC VR.

the-pi-guy

Proxum

I spent 8 hours today on BigScreen Beta VR  :o
You guys need this if you dont have it already.
乁(Ꝋ ͜ʖꝊ)ㄏ
Don't matter anyways

the-pi-guy

Haha yep I have it.  

It is amazing how convincing scale and distance are.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

I just played crystal rift. I like the concept but the moving is wrong. I can't play it that way.

the-pi-guy

I just played crystal rift. I like the concept but the moving is wrong. I can't play it that way.
I can at most play a level a session
  Think I'm on like 8 now.  

Legend

How long till wireless PC VR do you think?

And how long till motion tracked GearVR?

I think whichever is first will be pretty successful.

the-pi-guy

How long till wireless PC VR do you think?

And how long till motion tracked GearVR?

I think whichever is first will be pretty successful.
The latter should be much sooner.  

The former seems a bit challenging.  Pushing a high resolution at a high frame rate reliably seems hazardous.  

Legend

The latter should be much sooner.  

The former seems a bit challenging.  Pushing a high resolution at a high frame rate reliably seems hazardous.  

Headset could handle asynchronous timewarp instead of the PC. Would help a ton when the occasional hiccup happens.

GearVR with tracking hopefully comes soon. It's the one thing that makes GearVR feel like trash relatively.

the-pi-guy

Headset could handle asynchronous timewarp instead of the PC. Would help a ton when the occasional hiccup happens.

GearVR with tracking hopefully comes soon. It's the one thing that makes GearVR feel like trash relatively.
I still think even in that case, GearVR with tracking is still much sooner.  
You can probably make something in your house to give GearVR actual tracking, so I can't imagine it would be that far off.  
VisusVR

Samsung is working on a standalone wireless VR headset | VG247

But maybe the latter isn't that far off.  

Wireless Desktop VR May Be Closer Than You Think
Serious Simulations Claim Their 'Zero Frame Latency' Tech Can Make VR Headsets Wireless - Road to VR
---------------------------
Honestly it astounds me all the time just the list of everyone who is working on VR.
It's like every big company (Nvidia, AMD, Samsung, Google, Sony, Facebook/Oculus, etc) is working on VR, plus there's gotta be like 30,000 tiny-you've-never-heard-of-this-company companies also working on VR.  There's also tons of VR software being researched.  It is beyond incredible to me.  
--------------------------
On another note, it also astounds me just how clueless a lot of people still are about what VR is, and what it does.  

"VR isnt actually 3D. It's using head movement to create a 360 degree view."
I literally read this.  How does someone not get this?  How do you last 5 min on a PSVR subreddit, and not understand this.  :P

Proxum

Thats what I am waiting for. I hate all these wires coming off the DK2, and it seems like a headset that wireless streams from your PC wouldn't be that challenging, but I really don't know.

Immersive Robotics: wireless virtual reality - VR - The Future of Human Interaction!

I can't tell if this is a scam, but it seems to be.
乁(Ꝋ ͜ʖꝊ)ㄏ
Don't matter anyways

Legend

Thats what I am waiting for. I hate all these wires coming off the DK2, and it seems like a headset that wireless streams from your PC wouldn't be that challenging, but I really don't know.

Immersive Robotics: wireless virtual reality - VR - The Future of Human Interaction!

I can't tell if this is a scam, but it seems to be.
Yeah that looks sketchy. No mention of batteries yet it'd need huge ones.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Got this in my e mail

Rift now shipping in 2 to 4 business days
All Rift pre-orders have now shipped, and new Rift orders from Oculus.com are shipping within 2 to 4 business days. If you have any questions about existing orders or your current shipment status, please reach out to us here.

the-pi-guy

Got this in my e mail

Rift now shipping in 2 to 4 business days
All Rift pre-orders have now shipped, and new Rift orders from Oculus.com are shipping within 2 to 4 business days. If you have any questions about existing orders or your current shipment status, please reach out to us here.
Hot jam.  :o
A lot quicker than I was expecting.  
This should be good for the headset.  

Legend

Really really good for OR that they've got through the backlog before PSVR releases. That thing will be super limited supply so maybe they'll be able to steal some customers. Same goes for Vive.

Go Up