Playstation now subscription coming soon!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Jan 05, 2015, 01:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

From the PlayStation Blog:
You've been able to rent games through PlayStation Now for several months now, but many of you have asked -- what about a subscription? I'm pleased to announce that starting January 13th, we'll launch a subscription service for PlayStation Now that will provide instant and unlimited access to a catalog of more than 100 PS3 games. And since you're using PlayStation Now, you can enjoy the freedom to quickly discover and play a wide range of full games without downloads, installs, or patches (not to mention trips to the store). The subscription service will be available first on PS4 across North America, and will come to other PlayStation Now enabled devices in the future.
You'll be able to choose from two subscription plans: one month for $19.99, or a three-month package for $44.99 (about $15 per month). The subscription provides access to a large and diverse catalog of PS3 games, ranging from action to RPG and everything in-between. Check out our launch trailer for a sneak peek.
We know that there are many PS4 owners who never owned a PS3 or had a chance to play some of the great games it offered, and this subscription provides an easy way to catch up on games you may have missed.
Want to try before you buy? Well, good news! We'll also offer a free seven-day trial to the subscription program when it launches.
PlayStation Now subscription will have strong and growing support from our publishing partners, and at launch you'll find great games in your catalog from the likes of SCE Worldwide Studios, Warner Brothers, SEGA, and many others, including indie developers. Here's a look at some of the key titles:

There's strong value with the subscription, as you're getting access to over a hundred great games and lots of hours of game time. What's more, we will be adding even more games over time, so you will always have something great to play.
Also, to celebrate the launch of the subscription service, a free PlayStation Now theme will be available for PS4 users in early January. If you download the theme before January 31, you'll be automatically entered into a drawing for a chance to win a one-year subscription to PlayStation Now. I hope you will give the new PlayStation Now subscription a try, and I look forward to hearing your continued feedback as we grow the service.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/05/playstation-now-subscription-program-all-the-details/#sf6736690

Mmm_fish_tacos

darkknightkryta

Not bad, but not good.  They should discount it for PS+ members.

Max King of the Wild

That's dang good prices. Better than i expected (30 dollars a month)

Max King of the Wild

Not bad, but not good.  They should discount it for PS+ members.
$180 a year = 3games >a year at retail. If they raised the price to 30 itd still be a good deal (but hard to convince people at that price)

Legend

Incredible price!!!

That's much better than I was expecting, and it's comparable to Netflix pricing.

darkknightkryta

Incredible price!!!

That's much better than I was expecting, and it's comparable to Netflix pricing.

Netflix is 8, this is 20...

Legend

Netflix is 8, this is 20...

Eh it's 15 for all intents and purposes, but yes that's really comparable.

It's a premium price for a premium service but it's still going after the same market.

7H3

10/12 would be much better 15 a month and I'm not interested as they are last gen games... if it was ps4 games then yeah it'd a be a good price... as it is gamefly is a much better deal for ps3 games while buying a ps3 :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

Not bad of a price, and yes I think they should give PS+ members a discount. 

Raven

darkknightkryta

Looks like the service will be adding PS and PS2 games.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/05/playstation-now-will-get-ps1-and-ps2-games/

I still want native support.  But then again I want it since, the PS2's the only console with perfect arcade ports of Street Fighter Alpha, specifically Alpha 3 (Though there are some things with the PSX version that I enjoy above all the other ports).  I want my fighters >:(

darkknightkryta

Thinking about it some more, I wouldn't mind if PSNow lets me play my purchased PS3 games if I have PS+ via stream.  I wanna relocate my PS3 to upstairs.

nnodley

I wish heavenly sword was in the list already. I want to play it, but I'm past buying games for ps3 already even if I could find it for $10-$20 new or used.

darkknightkryta

I wish heavenly sword was in the list already. I want to play it, but I'm past buying games for ps3 already even if I could find it for $10-$20 new or used.

Do yourself a favour and don't.  It's honestly one of the worst games I've ever played.