Xbox One Returns to $400

Started by Raven, Jan 04, 2015, 07:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

Just like releasing Halo this holiday worked out so well?  Xbox One sold on the price cut + bundling alone.  This also had the adverse affect of devaluing the Xbox One.  Why is anyone going to buy it off season, especially with nothing coming out for it, when they can buy it at Christmas for an even cheaper price?  Like Halo 5 will push about as many consoles as next year's holiday price will.  Till then, Xbox Ones sales are going to tank.

I doubt xone is going to be devalued at all due to holiday pricing... consumers at large will quickly forget just as the DRM scandal was forgotten those that see it as devalued are the more informed consumers and will still be likely to get one anyways at some point even at a higher price if they want one. This holiday boost was huge for the branding in the US and I think MS will do just as well this year as last year in regards to sales if not better. I think PS4 is more likely to have less sales YOY 2015 than 2014 unless they pull out some major PR which they are notoriously bad at in the US
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

There little to nothing ms can do against a 300 dollar ps4. And I'm expecting it this Christmas.

ethomaz

There little to nothing ms can do against a 300 dollar ps4. And I'm expecting it this Christmas.

For marketing it is not 300.

299 baby.

Rorono

I doubt xone is going to be devalued at all due to holiday pricing... consumers at large will quickly forget just as the DRM scandal was forgotten those that see it as devalued are the more informed consumers and will still be likely to get one anyways at some point even at a higher price if they want one. This holiday boost was huge for the branding in the US and I think MS will do just as well this year as last year in regards to sales if not better. I think PS4 is more likely to have less sales YOY 2015 than 2014 unless they pull out some major PR which they are notoriously bad at in the US

I don't think the scandal had much impact to begin with, it is one of those things overplayed on the internet that does not reflect the market (like most things on the internet)
X1's problem is that at least it had Titanfall last year. This year it has nothing

ethomaz

Quote from: Fehyd
This is anecdotal retail, but currently the store I work for is sitting on over 1000 assassins creed 399 bundles in its district warehouse, and another 1000 sitting unsold so far in stores in the district.

For comparison, there are no PS4s in the warehouse, and less than about 40 PS4 currently available in store in the district. Your mileage may vary, but there is a ton of channel stuffing going on.

I don't know how MS will start to sell all these bundles shipped at $400.

Raven

I don't know how MS will start to sell all these bundles shipped at $400.

Now that the holiday craze is over and the deals are gone, good luck.

ethomaz

Just to say that the @Fehyd report was confirmed true ;)

Mmm_fish_tacos

Just to say that the @Fehyd report was confirmed true ;)

What are you talking about?

Rorono

Dr. Pezus

Jan 07, 2015, 06:52 PM Last Edit: Jan 07, 2015, 06:57 PM by Pezus

I think xbox will be up YOY and will easily win next holiday as well. The only way Sony sells more will be if they do the same thing MS did such as price drop + bundled games for free with the console, and they'd have to be new games. I don't know what sony could put out like that unless they have a SFV PS4 bundle for $299 that might do well enough to make it a close battle.

What the heck?? This holiday they had the PS4 still at $399 with or without a game, basically launch price, while XB1 went to $329 with 2 games or more and $50 gift cards (from $500 a year earlier). If PS4 dropped to $299 with a new game next holiday it would utterly dominate. That would be PS4's first price drop and $100+1 game at that.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Rorono

inb4 SonyGAF

edit: this was meant for the VGC update thread sorry

7H3

Honestly I think Sony is dumb enough to announce it at E3 this year... would be better in november a week or so before black friday for most hype going into the holiday season as an early price drop would be out hyped by Halo +price drop on the xone side
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Honestly I think Sony is dumb enough to announce it at E3 this year... would be better in november a week or so before black friday for most hype going into the holiday season as an early price drop would be out hyped by Halo +price drop on the xone side

If they do then there will be a 50 dollar bf sale two games. Sony isn't going to let them run away with november. Plus they have Uncharted 4 for the holidays. And it's going to destroy any ms has.

Go Up