It's happening: Sunset Overdrive for PC rated by the ESRB

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 01, 2018, 01:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

It's happening: Sunset Overdrive for PC rated by the ESRB | ResetEra

(​IMG)

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/esrb-rates-sunset-overdrive-for-pc

This is a third-person shooter in which players assume the role of a young survivor battling through a mutant apocalypse. As players traverse the open-world of Sunset City, they use assault rifles and fantastical weapons (e.g., grenade launchers that shoot teddy-bear bombs, guns that shoot fireworks) to kill mutant creatures, robots, and occasional human enemies. Combat is highlighted by frequent explosions, screams of pain, and gunfire. Some explosives cause enemies to be dismembered, leaving limbs around the environment; one cutscene briefly depicts a character's head cut off by a mutant. During the course of the game, characters and environmental elements reference sexual behavior or humor (e.g., "Oh, such a bold statement! It says, 'I am a prostitute!'" and "How hard was it to make a bad stuff flip book?" ); a radio ad contains a running joke about a naughtiness burger (e.g., "It's so good you won't be able to contain your urges to rub it all over your naughtiness…Burger"). The dialogue contains a handful of drug references (e.g., "You guys have been eating weed" and "Oh, when I get back with your drugs, we'll discuss my offense at your assumption that I would know where to find drugs"). The words "f**k" and "sh*t" also appear in dialogue.Click to expand...

Legend

How many times has this port already leaked? I wonder what its development has been like.

the-pi-guy

How many times has this port already leaked? I wonder what its development has been like.
So many times.  
There are rumors going back at least to 2016.
This year, there have been a couple of ratings showing up for it.  Rated for Korea in May.

It just seems really bizarre how often this keeps coming up.

BananaKing

Kerotan

One of the rare true xbox exclusives that was good. Looks like it will be losing it.

the-pi-guy

Legend

That could happen but why would it be on steam then?

I think vga

the-pi-guy

Sunset Overdrive PC preorder up on Amazon, 11/16, $19.99 (all DLC included)) | ResetEra

Use this link here.

Comes with all the DLC!

• An open world with no rules - leap Off buildings, run along walls, And grind power lines and rails to destroy your foes from every angle.
  • Over-the-top weapons - collect and upgrade an arsenal of unconventional weapons that use items like Dynamite, fireworks, harpoons, and acid to destroy your enemies.
  • Mystery of mooil rig, Dawn of the Rise of the fallen machines and weapons Pack included.

Legend

So this game still hasn't been officially announced yet right?

Guess they want to shadow drop it.

the-pi-guy

Right.  I'm a bit surprised.  

BananaKing

I have a hard time believing that price. 19$? I mean even remasters and timed exclusives release for 60.

They could have gotten away with 30$ and a lot of of people would have said it's a fair price. Heck even 40$ would have been ok with some.

Anyways can't wait till this hits PC.

the-pi-guy

Now it's official.

Sunset Overdrive announced for PC | ResetEra

Overcharge me if old.