Video Game Sales Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

There is nothing to suggest that the uptake in digital sales grew so drastically YoY. While digital is still growing, Physical sales still represent the majority of a games sales. If sales were up YoY they would have said so, like they did with digital sales. Not use players on the first day. I don't see how the increase in digital sales would somehow offest the massive decrease in physical sales.

However the game might have sold more but in the UK it dropped. Remember Activision's PR is about a launch WW not just UK.
Not in this case, but some games are seeing drastic increases in digital ratios. The only suggestion that digital may have jumped up this year is that physical sales are dropping uncharacteristically in these big franchises. However that could be just down to the UK market being in a bad way, or a number of other factors.

I think they're being purposefully confusing, but maybe they would have said so if sales increased. When Blops 3 launched they mentioned that sales had increased significantly over the last two.

I just find it strange that black Ops 4 would be so low, considering Black Ops is the most popular COD series and this has Battle Royale too.