PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

State of Play on the 24th, 4PM ET.  And a separate The Last of Us 2 media event on the same day.

TLoU2 will be on State of Play.  

what are you talking about.  on the one hand any game i've pre-ordered has been downloaded before the release day and becomes immediately playable once the timer count down is complete.  not that i pre-order a ton of games but it has been glorius especially because I live in CST so the game unlocks at 11pm the day before it releases.
I don't think it's really the norm, that people use their phones to install games on their PS.

the real answer is playstation now.    purchase a game or insert a disc,..  give me immediate access to playing the game via the cloud while the installation update is being applied.  when the installation is complete gracefully switch over to local play.  i mean obviously my game would be interrupted for a minute while the game save is transferred and the game is loaded locally but i'd still consider that "graceful".
Agreed.   I think with a bit of technical wizardry, there wouldn't need to be any interuption.  Particularly with the fast SSDs being promised.