Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Dat crash split tho
What about it? Its probably the least surprising of the multiplats on there.

Dr. Pezus

What about it? Its probably the least surprising of the multiplats on there.
XB1 ahead of switch and ps4?

Xevross

XB1 ahead of switch and ps4?
Yeah? Its been out on PS4 for a year longer, so obviously PS4 will be the lowest. And this is the UK we're talking about, Xbox install base is way higher and people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and Nintendo games only, only exception is family games like LEGO but its still much less than PS and Xbox. I'm surprised Switch is so close to XB1 to be honest, but then again there's been barely any good Nintendo games this year.

Kerotan

21k for ps4 in Japan and the pro model selling more then the slim. The price cut is having an effect. Bo4 92k second week so over 100k including digital. That's insane. LTD will be very good.

RDR2 up next week. PS4 sales should remain healthy.

Xevross

21k for ps4 in Japan and the pro model selling more then the slim. The price cut is having an effect. Bo4 92k second week so over 100k including digital. That's insane. LTD will be very good.

RDR2 up next week. PS4 sales should remain healthy.
Very small effect, overall sales are pretty much back to what they were before the cut was announced, its just some sales have shifted from slim to pro.

Kerotan

Very small effect, overall sales are pretty much back to what they were before the cut was announced, its just some sales have shifted from slim to pro.
They only cut the price by 10% though and it's boosted sales by more then 10%.

Xevross

Oct 26, 2018, 12:42 PM Last Edit: Oct 26, 2018, 12:44 PM by Xevross
They only cut the price by 10% though and it's boosted sales by more then 10%.
Sales plummeted for one week though and they're still falling now, so overall they've barely gained anything.

Era are predicting RDR2 UK sales, I think it might be fun to do that as well. Considering COD was down 50% YOY at 260k, fifa was way down YOY at 623k, AC Odyssey was down from Origins at around 100k, its not looking good for anything too strong. That being said, we have had some recent success stories like Spidey at 200k and FH4 having the best Forza launch.

Some more numbers for context. RDR debuted at roughly 300k in the UK then had amazing legs. GTAV holds the UK record, with launch sales of 2.25 million.

I think its going to be about half as popular as GTAV, including digital, so physical sales I'm expecting something like 700-800k, which would be the biggest launch of the year.

Also going to predict that the PS4/XB1 split is going to be much closer than normal. 60-65% on PS4 has been the norm for big games, so I think this one might be more like 55/45.

BananaKing

Xevross

550k in the UK
I could see that. Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised with anything from 400k-1m, with how weird the UK market has been this year. I'm hoping this will beat fifa for the best launch this year though, its been way too long since fifa was beaten in the UK.

Kerotan

Sales plummeted for one week though and they're still falling now, so overall they've barely gained anything.

Era are predicting RDR2 UK sales, I think it might be fun to do that as well. Considering COD was down 50% YOY at 260k, fifa was way down YOY at 623k, AC Odyssey was down from Origins at around 100k, its not looking good for anything too strong. That being said, we have had some recent success stories like Spidey at 200k and FH4 having the best Forza launch.

Some more numbers for context. RDR debuted at roughly 300k in the UK then had amazing legs. GTAV holds the UK record, with launch sales of 2.25 million.

I think its going to be about half as popular as GTAV, including digital, so physical sales I'm expecting something like 700-800k, which would be the biggest launch of the year.

Also going to predict that the PS4/XB1 split is going to be much closer than normal. 60-65% on PS4 has been the norm for big games, so I think this one might be more like 55/45.
Sales didn't plummet though.

Starting 4 weeks before the price cut

So as we can see sales dropped from 20k to 14k the week before the cut. If it plummeted it would have been like 5k. We'll see sales going forward but as of now they only cut 1 ps4 model by 10% bringing the price in line with the rest of the world. Hardly a ground breaking price cut.

Cute Pikachu

Early November we should start seeing six figures for the Switch. PS4 will depend on RDR2 legs.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Kerotan

Early November we should start seeing six figures for the Switch. PS4 will depend on RDR2 legs.
What comes out early November  
What comes out early November?

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Smash?
Pokemon comes out mid November.

Nothing is out early November but Japan sales will still ramp up before pokemon.

Dr. Pezus

Pokemon comes out mid November.

Nothing is out early November but Japan sales will still ramp up before pokemon.
Oh yeah he was talking about Japan. Makes sense. 100k+ might be difficult so early though

Go Up