Bet: Will the Activision Deal close? - It has closed

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 01, 2023, 05:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Do people not realise that not allowing monopolies benefits us? Are people that dumb on era. I'm glad I don't go there.
A lot of Era fans believe that MS is pro consumer, between gamepass, supporting BC, PC support, etc.
To the point where there are quite a few people that are openly cheering for MS to buy up the industry, because they want everything on Gamepass, and are open about the fact that they are opposed to Sony acquiring things.

kitler53

yeah, i don't get it.   "gamepass" has become so entrenched over there as the greatest thing to ever exist that it forgives any and all sins from MS.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

the-pi-guy

kitler53

and that's different than what ABK and MS are doing?   bobby literally threatened the UK a couple of days ago to allow this acquisition or have their economy destroyed.  

sony be representing it's interests just like you are representing yours.    if this is your best defense of why the acquisition should move forward you have no defense at all.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Should we merge this into the Acquisition thread?
Kind of feel like that's a good chunk of what it's being used for.

Legend

Should we merge this into the Acquisition thread?
Kind of feel like that's a good chunk of what it's being used for.
Both are your threads so whatever floats your boat.

Kinda fun having activision talk here though.

the-pi-guy

Quite a few people on Era are sharing bits from the analyst(he calls himself an activist turned analyst?) that I shared earlier. 

A few people on Era seem to think he's an attorney specializing in EU mergers and acquisitions. Not sure if that's actually the case. He seems like he's just an analyst.

Anyway he seems confident that things are still going through. Also seems to think Sony is just stalling so that they can set up their own mergers with less competition.

kitler53

i think if the merger goes though it will be entirely up to MS on if they want to go through on the merger without CoD.    

no way that they call out CoD as being problematic soo explicitly and then just turn around and say,.. lulz jk.,. do whatever you want.   

kitler53

the-pi-guy

i think if the merger goes though it will be entirely up to MS on if they want to go through on the merger without CoD.    
It's not necessarily what will happen. The CMA said they would consider behavioral/access remedies. The 10 year deal might potentially be enough.

kitler53

It's not necessarily what will happen. The CMA said they would consider behavioral/access remedies. The 10 year deal might potentially be enough.
maybe i'm biased but that report made it sound like the 10 year deal is not enough.

BananaKing

...this is how i view era right now:

I really hope the deal doesn't go through. I will read every comment on era... Heck I might even be bothered enough yo remember my password, post, and get my self permabanned once and for all

the-pi-guy

I'm unfortunately even more convinced that this will go through.

Apparently the CMA had only brought up behavioral remedies one previous time out of the past ~60 acquisitions that made it to phase 2.  

Go Up