Bet: Will the Activision Deal close? - It has closed

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 01, 2023, 05:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

It's specifically Sony's share in Europe (if you exclude Nintendo).

I'm pretty sure MS was arguing that if Nintendo is part of the same market, then they're proof you don't need CoD to compete.
And that if they weren't part of the same market, then Sony owns 80% of the market.
Then it's odd to only say over a decade. If she's ignoring Nintendo then Sony has been the dominant console leader for nearly three decades in Europe.

Also is the cma focusing on Europe as a whole or just the UK with this investigation? Xbox sells pretty well in the UK.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i think for obvious consideration,.. Hi-Fi rush wasn't one.   still probably exclusive but probably just left off as "unimportant".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I think the India Jones game has a huge chance of being multiplate due to the licensing agreement. If they agreed to release it on all viable options or PS, xbox and PC, then I dont think they would break that agreement

the-pi-guy

I imagine that the distinction is that TES isn't in full development so it doesn't have to count.

the-pi-guy

1.) Microsoft has promised 10 years of support on Boosteroid to bring Xbox PC games to the streaming service.

2.) This feels extremely opportunistic and a little gross.

Legend

This feels extremely opportunistic and a little gross.
More than a little. I hate that he's calling it a victory. Using that specific word during a war is just trying to leech public support.

Compare it to his tweet about the nvidia deal

the-pi-guy

Microsoft has signed a fourth deal for Call of Duty access with Ubitus

Honestly I expect the deal will go through. MS is pretty desperate to show good terms.

kitler53

Microsoft has signed a fourth deal for Call of Duty access with Ubitus

Honestly I expect the deal will go through. MS is pretty desperate to show good terms.
but with sony having not signed a deal i expect CoD to be removed from that platform on the next release.

nnodley

The moment sony knows its going to go through they will absolutely sign a deal.  To think they won't is asinine.

kitler53

The moment sony knows its going to go through they will absolutely sign a deal.  To think they won't is asinine.
the moment ms knows it's going to go through ms will absolutely withdrawn the deal.  to think they won't is asinine.

nnodley

i guess we'll see, but its still really wild to me that MS is even doing these type of deals when the deal hasn't even gone through.  Its pretty ballsy.

BananaKing

the moment ms knows it's going to go through ms will absolutely withdrawn the deal.  to think they won't is asinine.
No, because it would ruin any credibility they may have for future deals and acquisitions. That would not be worth it all, specially since MS relies on acquisitions so much. If you haven't noticed, they arent very good at building new shame.

kitler53

No, because it would ruin any credibility they may have for future deals and acquisitions. That would not be worth it all, specially since MS relies on acquisitions so much. If you haven't noticed, they arent very good at building new shame.
it wouldn't ruin their credibility to withdrawn a contract.   MS is basically required by law to provided continued support for the games already on ps and purchased by end users.   there isn't really any option to get out of that and it definetly wouldn't be worth it to MS to try.  there is no question those games continue to be supported on ps.

MS will probably continue to put CoD on ps5 so that they can continue to buy up the industry.

...but mark my words.  went next gen starts and its too late for regulators to do anything about it,.. MS will pull the rug on ps to ensure ps6 is viewed as an unviable platform.   

the-pi-guy

Go Up