Gaming Acquisition |OT| Tencent acquires Lucid Games

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 01, 2022, 06:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

I guess that's true. Would likely have been third party offer but in the off chance it was for full fledge gamepass then Sony are idiots.

But yeah probably was a dumbed down gamepass

kitler53

so how confident are we feeling that MS will be allowed to aquire activision.   The stock market has slumped pretty low now.  at today's prices you'll get just over a 30% gain on your investment if MS is allowed to buy at $95.   in a bear market like this that "almost guaranteed" return of 30% starting to look quite tempting to me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

so how confident are we feeling that MS will be allowed to aquire activision.   The stock market has slumped pretty low now.  at today's prices you'll get just over a 30% gain on your investment if MS is allowed to buy at $95.   in a bear market like this that "almost guaranteed" return of 30% starting to look quite tempting to me.
UK's CMA is pushing against it, and won't make a decision until March I believe.

But it seems very likely to pass.  

kitler53

UK's CMA is pushing against it, and won't make a decision until March I believe.

But it seems very likely to pass. 
yeah, i know it is "getting scrutinized" but i have a hard time believing it will actually be blocked.  brazil basically gave a "why the fudge should i care" response.   i expect all the small markets to do the same.  only US and Europe have a chance of blocking it imo and frankly with MS a US company I think they won't give a fudge about sony's woahs either.   so basically just Europe.

i dunno.  i've read the news but i just don't know if i believe they will actually make an attempt to block it.   

..but we're at the point where even if it doesn't go though it probably won't drop "massively".   like 30% down which i know is big but not soo big that it doesn't feel like a viable gamble.   maybe i'll start a position soon and DCA down if it keeps falling.

Legend

90% sure. Microsoft is defending it but I think they'd be a lot more vocal or super silent if they were worried.

the-pi-guy

Netflix quietly building up a stable of studios:

the-pi-guy

Quote from:
As for acquisition [Kojima] say that he got a lot of offer and always refuse them and will keep refusing them as long as he's alive
Era

Legend

Era
Would be cool, but all it takes is the right offer. Not all acquisitions are bad.

the-pi-guy

Would be cool, but all it takes is the right offer. Not all acquisitions are bad.
From the sounds of it, he wants to have the freedom to make whatever, more than whatever money.

It sounds like he's happy being able to pitch whatever project he wants to anyone who will take it.

I don't think he will get acquired, unless he hits a point where it's the only way to make a game that he wants to.

kitler53

...or he runs out of money.  it only takes 1 flop. 

the-pi-guy

Microsoft says it offered Sony 10-year deal to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation

Microsoft has told the New York Times it offered Sony a 10-year deal to keep the series on PlayStation earlier this month.

In total, 16 regulatory bodies around the world have launched investigations into Microsoft's proposed acquisition of Activision Blizzard to assess its likely impact on competition. So far, only Brazil and Saudi Arabia have approved the deal, with a number of territories, including the European Commission and the UK's Competition and Markets Authority, having announced more in-depth reviews of the matter.
Speaking to the New York Times, Microsoft accused Sony of misleading regulators, saying the company had "overstated the importance of Call of Duty to its viability." In response, Jim Ryan told the publication this was "not true", adding Microsoft was "a tech giant with a long history of dominating industries" and that "it is highly likely that the choices gamers have today will disappear if this deal goes ahead."

the-pi-guy

kitler53

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Go Up