Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

kitler53

I'll wait for the vinyl.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

For some reason Better Call Saul Season 2 blu-ray is having shortages.
Amazon is selling them for $80 used.  And no where else seems to have it in stock.  :P
Bought it on itunes for $10 so that was nice.

Legend

I watched TLOU final.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Didn&#39;t like it at all as much as the game, but it&#39;s hard to judge as someone who knew every twist. One of the most powerful things in the game was the delayed satisfaction of saving Ellie. You really think Joel might go along with her being killed in surgery, so then when he &quot;snaps&quot; it&#39;s so so perfect. Yet in the show it was always presented as he&#39;s going to try and save her.<br><br>Fun having Ashley Johnson play Ellie&#39;s mom, although that&#39;s a very stupid explanation for why Ellie is immune. The infection would probably never transfer to a baby&#39;s blood, let alone in mere seconds.<br>

Fun seeing Laura Bailey's cameo. I guess in the second season that person will have a bigger role.

nnodley

I'd have to agree with you on those spoilers.  It was still great to see it all though.

i'm almost thinking that finale should have been 2 episodes

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Mar 16, 2023, 03:24 PM Last Edit: Mar 16, 2023, 03:48 PM by the-pi-guy
Spoiler for TLOU episode 8:
<br>Scene 1: *deal for deer*<br>Scene 2: &quot;It&#39;s venison&quot;<br>Scene 3: *brings in the deer*<br>

Just started episode 9.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Feels a little jarring to hear Ellie, but not Ellie.<br>

the-pi-guy

Welp I finished the season.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Didn't like it at all as much as the game, but it's hard to judge as someone who knew every twist. One of the most powerful things in the game was the delayed satisfaction of saving Ellie. You really think Joel might go along with her being killed in surgery, so then when he "snaps" it's so so perfect. Yet in the show it was always presented as he's going to try and save her.

The infection would probably never transfer to a baby's blood, let alone in mere seconds.

I feel like there are other things that bothered me more about those two things.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The whole Joel thing felt like a dream sequence almost. &nbsp;There just wasn&#39;t any tension either way. No tension for whether he was going to save her. But also no tension whether he was going to be able to. It felt like the show should have added an extra 10 minutes to add tension to it.<br><br>Something that bothers me about how they imply that Ellie became immune, is that it kind of takes away the mystery. In a practical way. &nbsp;<br>It starts to feel like it would have been possible for Marlene to have known how Ellie became immune, and it feels like it should have been recreatable without going through everything they&#39;ve went through. &nbsp;<br>

the-pi-guy

Decided to watch the rest of Velma to have something in the background while I was working.

After the first 2 episodes, it goes from unbelievably bad to just average bad.
It felt like the commentary declined substantially and the show felt more focused on the story and the characters.

I still wouldn't recommend it.

There's a lot of feminist rhetoric, much more so than racial rhetoric. It's at least often meaningful. Much of it is used to show one of the characters valuing women more.

the-pi-guy

Does anyone have a show that they know way too well?

For me, the show I probably know the best is Monk.  

I think with a few exceptions, if someone asked me what happened in (title of episode), I could say what happened. Who did it and usually why.  

Sometimes someone will post on r/Monk looking for a scene or an episode; and I am usually able to answer it.

I even found all the scenes that made up the intros (I knew what episode most were from, but not necessarily when in the episode they happened). There were only a couple that I had trouble finding.

Legend

I think with a few exceptions, if someone asked me what happened in (title of episode), I could say what happened. Who did it and usually why.  

Sometimes someone will post on r/Monk looking for a scene or an episode; and I am usually able to answer it.

I even found all the scenes that made up the intros (I knew what episode most were from, but not necessarily when in the episode they happened). There were only a couple that I had trouble finding.
I don't know episode names, but I've seen a lot of south park...

BananaKing

Yeah I memorised friends basically. Most of seinfeld. At some point I memorised scrubs so much that I could quote the next line in a random episode.

Once I was talking to a friend and she sent a snap of something, a short video, she was watching friends. Just from the snap I managed to know what episode it was.

I havent watched scrubs in a long long while. I want to forget it so I can rematch it again

nnodley

i don't tend to keep small details or anything from shows.  But if its really great i'll tend to remember most details or whats coming next if i rewatch.

kitler53

friends, seinfeld, scrubs, simpsons, arrested development, south park, how i met your mother,  community, probably a few others.

basically any good sit com that i can "watch without watching" and has good quotables for reference humor among friends.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

That's the thing about friends isn't it? The more you love them the more it hurts when they go. Allow me to demonstrate.

Go Up