TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

oh,.. and Neil drunken has got to be feeling so good right about now.   

TLoU launched to a pretty vocal group griefing it as "wanna be" Hollywood but generic.  well now this is blowing up as the best thing in Hollywood this year.   he'll probably get an Emmy for this.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

I could easily see him potentially getting poached for writing gigs for movies and tv shows, tbh. But he may always stay with games

the-pi-guy

I'm down to the last 4 episodes of Breaking Bad.

It is incredibly entertaining. I can't remember the last time I ever would sit down to watch 5 minutes of a TV show, and accidentally watch 25 minutes.
I don't think I can complain about the quality of anything.

But it's hard to watch sometimes.

It's probably simultaneously some of the best TV I've ever seen, and yet there are several other shows I would watch before re-watching this one.

Legend

...you watch tv shows 5 minutes at a time?

Is that a parent thing?

the-pi-guy

...you watch tv shows 5 minutes at a time?

Is that a parent thing?
Slight exaggeration.
I finished one episode, was planning on going to bed in the next ~15 minutes, but I wanted to see what happened next. So I thought watching the next ~5 or 10 minutes would be good.

But what I thought was 10 minutes, ended being like 25 or 30 minutes. And I ended up finishing the episode instead, because I had already made it that far.

kitler53

I'm down to the last 4 episodes of Breaking Bad.

It is incredibly entertaining. I can't remember the last time I ever would sit down to watch 5 minutes of a TV show, and accidentally watch 25 minutes.
I don't think I can complain about the quality of anything.

But it's hard to watch sometimes.

It's probably simultaneously some of the best TV I've ever seen, and yet there are several other shows I would watch before re-watching this one.
put in a break if you need to but don't forget to watch el camino.   it's a really good follow-up to what is left unanswered in the show.

the-pi-guy

For some reason Better Call Saul Season 2 blu-ray is having shortages.
Amazon is selling them for $80 used.  And no where else seems to have it in stock.  :P

the-pi-guy

Feb 25, 2023, 05:00 AM Last Edit: Feb 25, 2023, 05:02 AM by the-pi-guy
I feel like most TV shows are set up so that the problem gets introduced and gets solved by the end of the episode. (not a universal rule plenty of shows have occasional cliffhangers).

But it almost feels like it's the opposite in a lot of Breaking Bad. It almost feels the norm to end on a problem/cliffhanger.

Unrelated.

I feel like my top 3 animated tv shows:
Avatar TLA, Gravity Falls, The Owl House

Top 3 non-animated:
Monk, Psych, Breaking Bad

Top 3 anime:
Naruto, Demon Slayer, Death Note.

Legend

I feel like most TV shows are set up so that the problem gets introduced and gets solved by the end of the episode. (not a universal rule plenty of shows have occasional cliffhangers).

But it almost feels like it's the opposite in a lot of Breaking Bad. It almost feels the norm to end on a problem/cliffhanger.

Unrelated.

I feel like my top 3 animated tv shows:
Avatar TLA, Gravity Falls, The Owl House

Top 3 non-animated:
Monk, Psych, Breaking Bad

Top 3 anime:
Naruto, Demon Slayer, Death Note.
I really hate when the cliffhangers just exist to get you to watch the next episode.

"Oh wow how the heck are they going to get out of this!?"

5 minutes into next episode.

"Oh ok I guess that's how they got out of it."

kitler53

most shows want to be "episodic" meaning you can watch a single episode by itself having never watched another episode.  it makes the show approachable for newcomers. 

but breaking bad cannot be watched like that.  you must watch it in the order it was released.  if you miss a single episode you'll be lost.  it's a dangerous formate because it typically means a smaller userbase over time. here cliffhangers make sense because they need you to come back. 

Legend

I never played left behind so it was kinda fun not knowing what would happen.

the-pi-guy

:'(

Legend

:'(
Was it always planned for three seasons or was this forced?

the-pi-guy

Was it always planned for three seasons or was this forced?
Forced, because Disney didn't feel it fit their brand. They shortened season 3.

Dana was telling people to support the show any way they can, so Disney would change their mind.

Legend

Forced, because Disney didn't feel it fit their brand. They shortened season 3.

Dana was telling people to support the show any way they can, so Disney would change their mind.
Ouch :'(

Go Up