PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

clarify: the new OS feature of wireless controller updates require controllers to have taken the previous controller update. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

clarify: the new OS feature of wireless controller updates require controllers to have taken the previous controller update.
Fair

SWORDF1SH

So I have to plug in 1 more time? Ugh!

the-pi-guy

The wireless stuff is really great.

I have a 8TB drive connected to my PS5, and I have my charging cable connected to that instead of my PS5.

And my PS5 is awkwardly behind the TV.

the-pi-guy

SWORDF1SH

About time. Is this a sign they can/will now manufacture more units?

Legend

About time. Is this a sign they can/will now manufacture more units?
Or has demand slowed after the initial wave?

Will be telling if it stays in stock in stores.

the-pi-guy

I think my Dualsense broke from a fall.

For some reason the R2 button was sticking out just a little upwards, and was jammed into the R1.

A great shame because it's only like a month old.

Was a bit of an experience opening it up, but everything seems to be working as expected now.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Sauce

We know you've all been patiently waiting for news on Marvel's Spider-Man 2, and we thank you for hanging in there with us. Today we have one more piece of news: a standalone release of Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered on PS5 console!

Later this month, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered will become available for a standalone purchase on PlayStation Store. This title was previously only included as part of the Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.

On top of that, when the game becomes available, there will be an upgrade program for owners of the original Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4 console. Whether you have a disc or a digital copy of the PS4 game**, you will be able to upgrade to Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered on the PS5 console for $10. Owners of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales can still obtain Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered by upgrading to the Ultimate Edition through the main menu of the PS5 version of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

BananaKing

Its dumb its taken so long to do this^^

I wonder where both games sales are.

kitler53

Its dumb its taken so long to do this^^

I wonder where both games sales are.
agreed.  not a insanely stupid as nintendo removing the mario 3D collection from digital purchases but still really stupid.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Sony apparently quietly fixed an issue with Shadow of the Colossus not properly loading textures
I guess not fully fixed.  

Regrettably, I must inform everyone in this thread that after further testing I've concluded that the problem has been improved but not fully addressed. After beating the fifth Colossus on a fresh playthrough, the texture streaming issue returned in full force. This time around it just wouldn't load the high detail textures on pretty much anything in the environment no matter where I went, and the problem remained even after quitting out to the main menu and reloading my save.

Fully closing out the game and relaunching it brought back the proper texture detail, but it seems like returning to the temple after defeating any colossus is what tends to trigger the resurgence of the asset streaming issues. And once the issue returns the only recourse is to fully relaunch the game.

Here are some pics I took of it happening on the latest firmware:

the-pi-guy

May 09, 2023, 03:44 PM Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 03:51 PM by the-pi-guy

Feels like a renewed push for PSVR2

Legend

New tweet, nothing changed:

Go Up