General Politics Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 08, 2017, 12:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

they are emboldened by our kangaroo supreme court's overturn of abortion. 

conservatives arguments these days are people don't have any rights except those written into to constitution and thus government can write laws restricting anything else.  

when it goes to the supreme Court they will probably win. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

as horrific as school shootings are,.. more kids die to guns like this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/girl-3-kills-sister-4-accidental-shooting-texas-home-sheriff-says-rcna74687

A 3-year-old girl found a loaded gun in a Texas home and accidentally shot her sister, killing the 4-year-old on Sunday, an official said.

Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the girls were in the bedroom of an apartment on Bammel North Houston Road, where they lived with their parents, around 8 p.m.

Five adults, who were all family members or family friends, were in other parts of the apartment and the girls unintentionally were left unsupervised, according to the sheriff.

"It appears that one parent thought the other parent was maybe watching the other children when, in fact, the two toddlers were left unsupervised inside the bedroom," Gonzalez said.
that and suicide.   

it needs to be illegal to have an unsecured gun in a house with minors.  if you must have guns in the house use a gun locker.   that child is dead due to the negligence of an adult leaving a loaded gun in an accessible location.   the parents (or whoever was the gun owner) should be charged with man-slaughter.

heck, a majority of school shootings are also from negligent parents not securing their guns in the house.

Legend

Apr 26, 2023, 09:30 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2023, 09:33 PM by Legend
Disney sues Florida Gov Ron DeSantis

Not the best article but either way you get the point.

Disney really needs to win this case. The growing trend of politicians punishing companies by ignoring the first amendment is horrifying.

the-pi-guy

Apr 26, 2023, 10:31 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2023, 10:33 PM by the-pi-guy

kitler53

Apr 26, 2023, 11:19 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2023, 11:22 PM by kitler53
Disney sues Florida Gov Ron DeSantis

Not the best article but either way you get the point.

Disney really needs to win this case. The growing trend of politicians punishing companies by ignoring the first amendment is horrifying.

agreed.  he's not even trying to hide the fact he is weaponizing government.   this is such a flagrant violation of the 1st amendment and USA can't be free while this kind of behavior is allowed. 

Rep. Zooey Zephyr had been banned from speaking for nearly a week, after saying the GOP would have "blood on their hands" for a ban on transition care for minors.
..and this too.   republicans continue to disenfranchise voters and show they don't want a free country.   they want to be the authoritarian. 

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Part of me likes that evers stuck up for the schools.  Another part of me thinks this is total BS,.. that totally changed the budget in a way thats destroys trust in the execution of government.   …not that republicans in WI have been playing even remotely fair for the last 2 decades.  Ever since walker it has been a "might makes right" shitshow in WI. 

the-pi-guy

DeSantis's Florida Approves Climate-Denial Videos in Schools - Scientific American

Wind and solar power pollute the Earth and make life miserable.

Recent global and local heat records reflect natural temperature cycles.
These are some of the themes of children's videos produced by an influential conservative advocacy group.

Now, the videos could soon be used in Florida's classrooms.

Florida's Department of Education has approved the classroom use of material from the Prager University Foundation, a conservative group that produces videos that distort science, history, gender and other topics.

Legend

Only approves civic and government videos from them. Wouldn't expect those videos to be much better though.

Accepting climate change should be so simple but everyone just uses it to push their own agendas.

kitler53

desantis is a cesspool.    

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

Jordan Peterson doesn't hate LGBTQ. I don't watch much if Matt Welsh but nothing I seen suggests he "hates" them. I don't know who Benny Johnson is.

Did they catch the guy who committed the murder?

the-pi-guy

Did they catch the guy who committed the murder?
He died in a shoot out with police officers afterward.

BananaKing

He died in a shoot out with police officers afterward.
Well I can't say I feel bad for a murderer. I hope no police got hurt though

Go Up