[b][color=green]The Stock Market Thread[/color][/b]

Started by Dr. Pezus, Feb 05, 2015, 07:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

So how can we start this fake stock market thing that taco is talking about? I would really like to try.

We can, we can either do a honor system or have someone be the broker. till we figure it out look into the stock you would like to buy,

I don't feel that companies like apple or MS would be good choices because they aren't likely to go up much and they stock is expensive to start with.

Legend

We can, we can either do a honor system or have someone be the broker. till we figure it out look into the stock you would like to buy,

I don't feel that companies like apple or MS would be good choices because they aren't likely to go up much and they stock is expensive to start with.

Think we should have a broker. Not to stop people from cheating, but so we can see what everyone else is investing in.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Think we should have a broker. Not to stop people from cheating, but so we can see what everyone else is investing in.

I'd like to do it, but i don't have any programs that can help track the data, unless i go "find" some somewhere.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So it might be better for someone else to do it.

darkknightkryta

Is there anyway to consolidate the stocks?  I was thinking that I can make an app out of this idea.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Feb 06, 2015, 06:09 PM Last Edit: Feb 06, 2015, 06:36 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos

Is there anyway to consolidate the stocks?  I was thinking that I can make an app out of this idea.

Im not sure what you're asking.

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

Sony's stock is the highest it's been since July 2011. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Should have bought it when it hit it's low.

7H3

In having a hard time remembering how to do it. But basically you get 10gs in fake money, that you buy stock with. You buy sell and trade for 9 weeks. The group or person with the most profit wins

i'm on fish's team :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Riderz1337

Guys will this work?

http://www.investopedia.com/simulator/

It lets you start with 100k in fake money and you can see how well you do. Even says you can compete with others so I guess all we need is each others usernames. We could build two groups and have a head to head battle with each other. Start on a specific date and the stop on trading on a specific date.

How does that site look?
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

Time to sell!

Dr. Pezus

Guys will this work?

http://www.investopedia.com/simulator/

It lets you start with 100k in fake money and you can see how well you do. Even says you can compete with others so I guess all we need is each others usernames. We could build two groups and have a head to head battle with each other. Start on a specific date and the stop on trading on a specific date.

How does that site look?
Looks good!!

darkknightkryta

Im not sure what you're asking.

Well if I had access to numbers I can pull them into an app. From there I can turn it into a simple game where you "invest" in whatever. Your money falls/rises based on reality.

Go Up