The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT| (96 MC | 97 OC)

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 12, 2023, 02:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

I'll leave my judgement over Breath of the Wild aside; but seeing a trailer where they showed off pretty substantial dungeons made me change my mind on the game.

Legend

I'm waiting on reviews. I want to love this but I'm not confident that it's for me.

kitler53

I'm waiting on reviews. I want to love this but I'm not confident that it's for me.
is that a viable strategy?

if the game is amazing it will score a 97.   if it's "redfall" level of dog shiit it will score 96....

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

is that a viable strategy?

if the game is amazing it will score a 97.   if it's "redfall" level of dog shiit it will score 96....
Not talking about the metacritic score. I'm gonna do this crazy thing where I read the text from reviews  8)

Although maybe it will be a redfall-lite situation. Some of the trailers are just so bad and what if that's exactly what we're gonna get?

Legend

Review countdown added. Pretty dang close to the game's release.

the-pi-guy

Sitting at 97 on OC.

MC not showing a score for me.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Yup it's a zelda game. Now to read the text and see if it's good.

BananaKing

Anyone suprised?

Dr. Pezus

The most predictable score lmao

kitler53

no, nintendo bias is strong.   ...especially for their core franchises like mario, zelda, pokemon.   even very mid games score high 90s.

kitler53

the game itself looks much better than BotW.   ...more like what i would want at least.   aka dungeons and "actual level design" exist now.

performance looks like crud but once again nintendo is given a pass.  applauding performance went there are dips to 20 fps is just,.. something else.   

Dr. Pezus

Zero load screens when jumping from a mountain down to the depths seems like a genuine miracle to IGN. It's incredible how standards are automatically much lower for Nintendo

kitler53

Zero load screens when jumping from a mountain down to the depths seems like a genuine miracle to IGN. It's incredible how standards are automatically much lower for Nintendo
yeah really.   maybe they just didn't play Lego marvel superheros back on ps360 which had that feature a decade ago.  probably not even the first game to do it. 

Go Up