PSVR2 Launch Day!!!

Started by Legend, Feb 22, 2023, 03:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

nnodley

woooooo. I'll share my impressions after mine arrives

Legend

I hadn't realized PSVR2 was still exclusive to playstation direct. Guess I'm not at risk of walking into a store and buying it.

nnodley

I hadn't realized PSVR2 was still exclusive to playstation direct. Guess I'm not at risk of walking into a store and buying it.
yeah kinda odd, but they never sold out on direct so i doubt it would be a sellling out problem if it was in stores.

kitler53

i imagine most stores don't want to deal with it.   lifetime sales are going to be like 1-5 million.  only a place like amazon can probably make volume that low work out.  target/walmart certainly don't want to be shipping 1 headset per store...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

SWORDF1SH

Says only 1 per customer due to high demand on the UK direct. Must be relatively high compared to stock because I can't see there being that high of a demand

nnodley

Ok this thing looks niiiiice in person. Everything is so sleek and comfortable.  And wow not having all those wires and other battleship to hookup is so much better.

Played a couple races in gran turismo while Horizon downloads.   All i can say is this thing is good.  The screen is so clear and crisp. Eye tracking works great. And the graphics are insanely good for VR. Out of all the headsets i've done this ones by far my favorite

Legend

Ok this thing looks niiiiice in person. Everything is so sleek and comfortable.  And wow not having all those wires and other battleship to hookup is so much better.

Played a couple races in gran turismo while Horizon downloads.   All i can say is this thing is good.  The screen is so clear and crisp. Eye tracking works great. And the graphics are insanely good for VR. Out of all the headsets i've done this ones by far my favorite
Nice!

Which other headsets have you tried?

nnodley

I've tried all the oculus's/meta's(except quest pro), a couple Vive's, and PSVR.

The last job i had was all building for VR so played with a lot of them there.

the-pi-guy

There's been a few disappointing posts, but it sounds like people are figuring out the issues they've had.  

Era post

Ok so not going to lie. First time I put it on and did the setup fully, I got through and thought "wow, this looks dog". Everything was blurred, text was glowing, colours blurred. Only like a coin's width directly in front of me was in proper focus, and even then had some haloing. Did some Tetris and thought the same. Kind of an "uh oh" moment. Tried shifting left/ride, closer and further away, nothing really solved it.

BUT

Then I cracked it. It was too low down on my face.

Like holy shame. This is a generational leap indeed. Everything is so dang crisp. Played some Tetris Effect and wow the colours and the clarity are just insane. It's amazing. I loved it in VR1 but this is on another level entirely.

nnodley

I mean generally the first thing I do if something is blurry in vr I adjust the headset. Always is the problem

Legend

I think RE8 is my most hyped psvr2 game. It looks great.

the-pi-guy

I have a hard time playing horror games in VR.

Aside from that factor, RE8 looks amazing.

nnodley

Call of the mountain. This is the ultimate VR experience. Like I can't express how amazing this game is. This is the first time I have ever been truly wowed by a game in VR. Astro Bot was cool but this is insanely good looking.  Haptics are awesome, bow shooting is awesome, and climbing is awesome.

I freaking love the haptics in the headset

Legend

Call of the mountain. This is the ultimate VR experience. Like I can't express how amazing this game is. This is the first time I have ever been truly wowed by a game in VR. Astro Bot was cool but this is insanely good looking.  Haptics are awesome, bow shooting is awesome, and climbing is awesome.

I freaking love the haptics in the headset
Stop making me hyped! I really shouldn't buy PSVR2 right now!