PSVR2 Launch Day!!!

Started by Legend, Feb 22, 2023, 03:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

Stop making me hyped! I really shouldn't buy PSVR2 right now!
Heh. Time will tell if I continue using the headset for well past a year and make it worth it because of buying on hype. Lol I didn't on the 1st gen. But this makes me hyped for the future of VR games as long as we get them like this.

kitler53

my coop buddy got his yesterday.  he played some very low key kayaking game to get accustom to VR (this is his first time) and then his old favorite game of rez.

he was very happy and impressed. said it was his first "next gen" moment on PS5.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

On a related note, it's wild to me to see a 64 page ResetEra OT on just PSVR 2 within a week after launch of the OT and a day after the system launch.

VR has come a long way since 2016.

kitler53

On a related note, it's wild to me to see a 64 page ResetEra OT on just PSVR 2 within a week after launch of the OT and a day after the system launch.

VR has come a long way since 2016.
yeah, i just wish sony was supporting 3D and 360 videos with psvr2.   i'd buy if they did.   i guess i'll keep a look out for 3rd party apps but afaik (because i asked my coop buddy yesterday) not even youtube is supporting psvr2.   there's some neat stuff on there for VR so it's a shame sony's not supporting it.

the-pi-guy

Finally we can touch grass.

nnodley

Heh yeah i was playing with things like that last night.  If you also put fruit up to your mouth the character will eat and portions of the fruit will be bitten off.

kitler53

Feb 23, 2023, 03:14 PM Last Edit: Feb 23, 2023, 04:26 PM by Legend

Finally we can touch grass.
the true next gen experience is boob touching physics.

Content removed by mod team and warning issued

Legend

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Linus is very glowing about PSVR2.

Said it was the first time since the PS2 that he wanted to get a PlayStation.

the-pi-guy

Legend

PSVR2 not using RGB subpixels. Instead it's using Pentile.

That post is too critical of pentile imo. It's better than RGB when used right.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

There's been two weird reviews/discussion things about PSVR2 that I've seen.

These people don't seem to realize that PSVR2 does have the finger touch detection too for some reason.

There was also like 4 people for a different video, where none of them seemed to realize that PSVR2 had pass through.

Very strange.

Legend

There's been two weird reviews/discussion things about PSVR2 that I've seen.

These people don't seem to realize that PSVR2 does have the finger touch detection too for some reason.

There was also like 4 people for a different video, where none of them seemed to realize that PSVR2 had pass through.

Very strange.
I guess Sony did a poor job communicating PSVR2 features.

Also I've been busy and I can't judge, so how's the PSVR2 hype going? We're a bit over a week past launch day.

Go Up