previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

the-pi-guy

I think I'm like 5, maybe 6 hours in.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Just had a boss battle against the mysterious attacker. <br>

FW is a weird game.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>Sometimes I feel like I&#39;m playing Horizon 2, especially in the open world. <br>Sometimes I feel like I&#39;m playing some completely different concoction. <br><br><br>I feel like the game is leaning much harder into being a sci-fi title than the first game did. I&#39;m not sure if overall it&#39;s a good thing or a bad thing. So far I think it&#39;s a fun thing. <br><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size">The boss battle I just had was kind of weird. It kind of felt more like something I would expect to see in Metal Gear Solid or something. &nbsp;</span><br><br>The game is pushing a lot more tools, and making for some very different level design. The entire lead up to that boss battle, just couldn&#39;t have existed in the first game. And I don&#39;t think the stuff after it could have existed either. &nbsp;<br><br>I feel like with the liberties they&#39;re taking, I can more easily see a long term franchise of Horizon. &nbsp;<br><br><br>I think I had mentioned Demon&#39;s Souls being one of the most stunning games I&#39;ve seen; but Horizon definitely comes ahead. Demon&#39;s Souls is stunning, and still one of the best looking games ever. But Horizon is jam packed with foliage, and high quality animations and models and much more visually appealing lighting. Will be curious if there&#39;s another jump along the lines of Demon&#39;s Souls =&gt; Horizon II this gen. &nbsp;<br><br>Horizon feels like a definite AAA game in ways that I don&#39;t even think GoW did. &nbsp;(I think overall I prefer GoW as a game, but there&#39;s lots of impressive stuff here.)<br><br><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size">On that note, one of my big complaints with GoW was how meaningless the climbing is. You just point in a direction. There&#39;s no chance of failing, it&#39;s not dynamic.</span><br>Horizon is pretty good at climbing and the sequel has made some improvements to make it even more dynamic than before. &nbsp;<br><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size"></span>
[/size]