TV Show Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Welp I finished the season.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Didn't like it at all as much as the game, but it's hard to judge as someone who knew every twist. One of the most powerful things in the game was the delayed satisfaction of saving Ellie. You really think Joel might go along with her being killed in surgery, so then when he "snaps" it's so so perfect. Yet in the show it was always presented as he's going to try and save her.

The infection would probably never transfer to a baby's blood, let alone in mere seconds.

I feel like there are other things that bothered me more about those two things.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The whole Joel thing felt like a dream sequence almost. &nbsp;There just wasn&#39;t any tension either way. No tension for whether he was going to save her. But also no tension whether he was going to be able to. It felt like the show should have added an extra 10 minutes to add tension to it.<br><br>Something that bothers me about how they imply that Ellie became immune, is that it kind of takes away the mystery. In a practical way. &nbsp;<br>It starts to feel like it would have been possible for Marlene to have known how Ellie became immune, and it feels like it should have been recreatable without going through everything they&#39;ve went through. &nbsp;<br>