Recent Posts

Pages 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Off-Topic News Discussion / Re: When the heck will we get ...
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 02:02 AM
I do not understand
No one does. That's why it's so exciting!
Off-Topic Community / Re: Movie Thread
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 02:01 AM
A sequel made in 2019 from a beloved franchise? Of course it sucks!  ;D

No clue if I've seen the first one or not. I watched scooby doo from time to time but the live action movies are the only ones I can individually remember.
Off-Topic Community / Re: Movie Thread
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 01:41 AM
So Warner Bros is putting out a new blu-ray of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island and Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island.

The former is probably the best Scooby-Doo movie ever. And the latter is very hated.

It's funny how many people are disappointed that it's a 2 in 1 pack with the latter.

Dexter's Lab and Scooby Doo on Zombie Island Blu-ray announcement on the same day? Did I die and go to heaven?
But it includes Return to Zombie Island, So maybe you went to Hell?
This is an exchange on the blu-ray.com website.  
Off-Topic Community / Re: TV Show Thread
Last post by nnodley - Mar 26, 2024, 10:28 PM
yeah I'm hopefully gonna finish the first book soon so I can see how they adapted it.  And then move onto the 2nd and 3rd books
Last post by Legend - Mar 26, 2024, 09:53 PM
Spoilers and theory crafting for the show in general

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I calculated that they were ~4 light years away when the alien response first came. It was cool that that ended up being true.<br><br>The aliens do not understand what a lie is, but they are not a monolith. I wonder how that works. Like the first alien that warned her to not respond, he lied to keep Earth safe. It&#39;s not like that alien warned her and then told every other alien about his crazy discovery.<br><br>Wonder if the brain rocket comes back into play, or if he&#39;s really just stuck out there till the pod fails. Future tech could retrieve him.<br><br>Pretty dumb that they rushed to launch him as a one off. It&#39;s smart to act while the will is there, but just a few more years of dev could launch a payload twice as fast.<br><br>Also pretty silly to do that at all. Put the same money towards telescopes and you could see their fleet &quot;today.&quot;<br><br>I really like the setup of future humans being a threat. That&#39;s a good way to make both sides afraid of each other. Don&#39;t know why the aliens would do their &quot;you are bugs&quot; message and reveal themselves. That&#39;d just speed up human tech, $$$ to NASA and space force.<br>
Last post by nnodley - Mar 26, 2024, 08:02 PM
I never read the book. If the second half of the season was faithful to it, then I never will.

If however they book doesn't become lame, then I'll definitely give the series a go. The first half of the show was great.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Did the third level in the game in the book also have the stars pull everyone off the planet? I enjoyed that scene, but I'm just asking since that isn't how gravity works and the rest of the early show was more accurate.

To your spoiler. Yeah if i remember correctly it happens pretty similar to that.  I think not too far after that I hadn't finished so not quite 100% on that.
Last post by Legend - Mar 26, 2024, 06:09 PM
finished 3 body problem this weekend.  It was pretty great.  Last half was a bit slower and i have only ever read the first half of the book so I don't know how that last half stacks up.  But the first half seemed to be a pretty faithful adaptation.
I never read the book. If the second half of the season was faithful to it, then I never will.

If however they book doesn't become lame, then I'll definitely give the series a go. The first half of the show was great.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Did the third level in the game in the book also have the stars pull everyone off the planet? I enjoyed that scene, but I&#39;m just asking since that isn&#39;t how gravity works and the rest of the early show was more accurate.<br>
Last post by nnodley - Mar 26, 2024, 04:47 PM
finished 3 body problem this weekend.  It was pretty great.  Last half was a bit slower and i have only ever read the first half of the book so I don't know how that last half stacks up.  But the first half seemed to be a pretty faithful adaptation.
Gaming Community / Re: The Gaming Community Threa...
Last post by Legend - Mar 26, 2024, 04:24 PM
I do not understand
Pages 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10