Go Down

Kerotan

It's not their movement.  
It's a historical movement.  
But it's a game not a history lesson.

the-pi-guy

But it's a game not a history lesson.
It's a game set in history.
They're free to put whatever they want in it.

If you can't play it without getting triggered, then you have the right not to buy it.  
You have the right not to buy it, just as they have the right to put whatever they want in it.  

Kerotan

It's a game set in history.
They're free to put whatever they want in it.

If you can't play it without getting triggered, then you have the right not to buy it.  
You have the right not to buy it, just as they have the right to put whatever they want in it.  
Just as you have the right to buy it and do whatever you want with it. Including punching an annoying feminist in the face  :D ;D

the-pi-guy

Just as you have the right to buy it and do whatever you want with it. Including punching an annoying feminist in the face  :D ;D
Right, but don't be surprised if people call you a nasty person for acting nasty.  Which that person is.

And again, she's a suffragette.  She's not some random feminist screaming about men.  She was trying to get the right to vote.

The US started a war, because people thought they should be able to be represented.  

Xevross

This is the biggest problem these days. People bringing their movements into games. That's fine but don't force it on everything. Especially not Rockstar games.

As Pi is saying, it was a historical movement at the time. They put it in their mainly for story purposes, there's a couple of missions involving it which I thought were great. Otherwise, you can just ignore it if you want to.

I see where you're coming from though, and no doubt R* knew this would be seen as some sort of political statement. I like that they did it though, the story of suffragettes isn't know well enough.

Kerotan

Nov 09, 2018, 07:17 PM Last Edit: Nov 09, 2018, 07:21 PM by Kerotan
As Pi is saying, it was a historical movement at the time. They put it in their mainly for story purposes, there's a couple of missions involving it which I thought were great. Otherwise, you can just ignore it if you want to.

I see where you're coming from though, and no doubt R* knew this would be seen as some sort of political statement. I like that they did it though, the story of suffragettes isn't know well enough.
I have no problem with R* picking and choosing different movements. I've a problem with modern day movements trying to influence games. Such as the feminazis crying because someone punched a woman in this game.

Big deal. He bought the game and has the right to upload it. Maybe these feminists should post videos of themselves being nice to the woman and not hitting her. No problem with them taking that angle. But trying to influence the rights of gamers just because they did something they didn't like in the game. As I always like to say "Don't tell me what to do!!!".

Right, but don't be surprised if people call you a nasty person for acting nasty.  Which that person is.

And again, she's a suffragette.  She's not some random feminist screaming about men.  She was trying to get the right to vote.

The US started a war, because people thought they should be able to be represented.  
Yeah well people who have opinions like that are not important to me. I kill people on rainbow 6 siege and tea bag them for the kill cam. Am I nasty for tea bagging a dead corpse or because the special forces would never do that.

Anybody that wants to judge me based off a video game have serious mental issues in my book. What about getting a 5 star wanted level murdering civilians on GTA? God i remember as kids we used to love doing that. Were we nasty kids?

I'm trying to think what other bad things I've done in games but it's escaping me atm. Oh yeah what about choosing to play the mission on mw2 where you get to slaughter hundreds of people in an airport? I suppose I'm a terrible person for that too.

Xevross

I suppose you bring up an interesting topic. Even though its just games I never go around murdering people. Even in GTA its just not something I've ever done, I don't enjoy it and it makes me feel bad.

That MW2 mission you mentioned, I didn't shoot a single bullet until we got outside and had to fight the armed police, I just sat back and watched in horror. Actually I seem to recall trying to shoot the other guys in the back the first time I did it but the mission failed me for doing that.

That being said, I'm not going to judge anyone who does murder NPCs in video games, it is just a game and some people find it fun.

Xevross

Back to the topic of elections. I honestly can't help but laugh at all the stupid conservatives who are crying about corruption and what-not because there's still votes being counted. I mean seriously, it only took me a few minutes reading to find out how America's counting system works.

Postal ballots can be mailed in up until the day of the election, so a lot of them come in after and are counted later, like what's happening now. Some people are just ridiculous. Since when is making sure every vote is counted 'corruption' or 'stealing an election'. In every other developed country we'd call that basic democracy.

Oh and yes, one of those stupid conservatives claiming the Dems are trying to steal elections is none other than the oversized wotsit who sits in the white house.

Kerotan

I suppose you bring up an interesting topic. Even though its just games I never go around murdering people. Even in GTA its just not something I've ever done, I don't enjoy it and it makes me feel bad.

That MW2 mission you mentioned, I didn't shoot a single bullet until we got outside and had to fight the armed police, I just sat back and watched in horror. Actually I seem to recall trying to shoot the other guys in the back the first time I did it but the mission failed me for doing that.

That being said, I'm not going to judge anyone who does murder NPCs in video games, it is just a game and some people find it fun.
And that's cool. You won't hear me saying "oh Xev he's such a nice guy, never once murdered someone in a video game".

Because I'd literally be mentally retarded and unbelievable naive to think like that. Some people play video games and like to escape from who they really are, some like to be who they are. But many like myself don't give a fook and just do whatever. It means nothing, but I do know one thing. If i can do something that might annoy somebody when it shouldn't, I probably will. And that's why i teabag on siege or write what a save x3 on rocket league after scoring a goal. It's also why I'd say I'll punch a lady on rdr2. Not that i hate ladies, but i hate the thought these rights campaigners can tell me what to do on a game i buy.

And it's very useful on games like RL & R6. All part of the mental warfare that can give you the edge.

Legend

Back to the topic of elections. I honestly can't help but laugh at all the stupid conservatives who are crying about corruption and what-not because there's still votes being counted. I mean seriously, it only took me a few minutes reading to find out how America's counting system works.

Postal ballots can be mailed in up until the day of the election, so a lot of them come in after and are counted later, like what's happening now. Some people are just ridiculous. Since when is making sure every vote is counted 'corruption' or 'stealing an election'. In every other developed country we'd call that basic democracy.

Oh and yes, one of those stupid conservatives claiming the Dems are trying to steal elections is none other than the oversized wotsit who sits in the white house.
I thought they needed to arrive by the election? Mailing date doesn't matter.

Xevross

Nov 09, 2018, 08:06 PM Last Edit: Nov 09, 2018, 08:08 PM by Xevross
And that's cool. You won't hear me saying "oh Xev he's such a nice guy, never once murdered someone in a video game".

Because I'd literally be mentally retarded and unbelievable naive to think like that. Some people play video games and like to escape from who they really are, some like to be who they are. But many like myself don't give a fook and just do whatever. It means nothing, but I do know one thing. If i can do something that might annoy somebody when it shouldn't, I probably will. And that's why i teabag on siege or write what a save x3 on rocket league after scoring a goal. It's also why I'd say I'll punch a lady on rdr2. Not that i hate ladies, but i hate the thought these rights campaigners can tell me what to do on a game i buy.

And it's very useful on games like RL & R6. All part of the mental warfare that can give you the edge.
Well exactly, I'd barely ever judge anyone based on what they do in games. What that guy did with the suffragette though was just disturbing really. If it was just a random NPC then maybe I wouldn't view it so negatively, but it was the fact it was coupled with the whole 'annoying feminist' shame he was pushing.

I forgot to mention that the guy was also commenting on his own videos with some pretty shaming anti-feminist stuff as well, which is why I said he had an agenda.

I thought they needed to arrive by the election? Mailing date doesn't matter.
I think it varies by state, I definitely read that in Arizona they had ballots still coming in a few days after. Either that or they just left mailed in ballots for a few days for the nuggets and giggles. They still had 600k to count over two days after polling had finished.

the-pi-guy

Kerotan you still don't understand what I'm saying.  I'm not judging you for things you did in a video game.  

The nastiness is posting it online trying to get a rise out of people.  

Kerotan

Kerotan you still don't understand what I'm saying.  I'm not judging you for things you did in a video game.  

The nastiness is posting it online trying to get a rise out of people.  
Yeah but it was a very lucrative decision for him to do so. I can't blame him. All the outrage just made him richer.

Xevross

Dec 21, 2018, 12:12 AM Last Edit: Dec 21, 2018, 12:13 AM by Xevross
Trump has pushed Mattis out. Soon there will be not one sane person left in the administration.

In his "resignation" letter, he said he doesn't agree with Trump on these issues and says:

- NATO is good and important
- We need to support US allies
- ISIS isn't actually defeated
- Russia and China are adversaries, not allies

Obviously the orange waffle thinks the opposite on all of these.

I'm sure this is all fine!

Xevross

Dec 23, 2018, 05:48 PM Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018, 05:51 PM by Xevross
Trump changes course on Mattis, will fire him on January 1. | ResetEra

Mattis was originally going to leave on February 28 but I suppose someone explained to President chicken nugget that Mattis' letter trashed him on the way out.

Trump was already feeling blowback on forcing out such a universally popular figure, now that he's outright firing him I can only expect that to get worse.   
[/size]

So Trump had Mattis' letter but didn't bother reading it, because it was over a page and that's about 5x more than his attention span can handle. But he's now seen, probably on TV, that Mattis was pretty damning in his letter and rebuked him on a lot of things. Plus he's got annoyed at all the praise Mattis has been getting and the criticism that he's been getting. So now he's having Mattis leave on Jan 1st instead of Feb 28th.

I swear to god Trump would lose an intelligence test against a potato. He's such a fudgy baby. How did you guys go from Obama to this?

Go Up