Ugh, Sackboy's Big Adventure Glitched for Me.

Started by kitler53, Nov 17, 2020, 04:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Clearly this wasn't a from the ground up development because it has a very "littleBigPlanet" glitch.

I am no longer able to use the grapple hook in the (default) R2 mapping.  Evidence:
- when grapple hook is mapped to R2 I cannot grapple hook
   - it broke on the level "electro swing"
   - it's now broken in all the previous levels that used the grapple hook
   - restarting the game/ps4 doesn't fix it.
- it's not that my controller is broken
   - i can use R2 to drive in rocket league
   - i can use R2 in sackboy to navigate menus
   - i can even use R2 to use other items like the boomarang

This kind of "profile glitch" was too common on LBP and can ussually only be resolved by deleting your profile (aka starting the game over).   thankfully i found a workaround,.. the grapple works if i modify my controller configuration to move grapple to a different button (in my case R1).   so now I "just" need to remap my controller every time a level using the grapple comes along in order to progress...

for ducks sake....

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

The ps4 system itself remaps to l2 and it works?

That's pretty funky. Do you have another ds4 to test? R2 is an analogue button so maybe the game is wanting a 255 push but only getting a 254.

kitler53

Nov 17, 2020, 06:55 PM Last Edit: Nov 17, 2020, 06:59 PM by kitler53
The ps4 system itself remaps to l2 and it works?

That's pretty funky. Do you have another ds4 to test? R2 is an analogue button so maybe the game is wanting a 255 push but only getting a 254.
ah, that's a thought.   i wasn't able to complete statik because of that bug.    ...i can confirm that both of my controllers can't hit "255".

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/67k6yd/stuck_on_directionless_puzzle_on_statik/

Xevross

Its extremely common for Dualshock 4's to not reach that 255. One of mine is really bad, must only reach 80 or 90%.

Kind of have a funny story about that, my friend had a controller doing this but we had no idea about it. We were playing one of my GTAV races where a long jump was required and he couldn't reach a fast enough speed to make it. He got annoyed and I was very confused, I was saying to him I definitely tested it and it should be working, but he just thought my race was rubbish. A few months later he realises his controller is doing this and straight away I said "oh my god that's why you couldn't make that jump" and everyone in the group chat laughed, it had haunted me for a while. We tried the race again with him using a different controller and all was fine. I'm a good race creator!

So yeah, anyway, could be that ;D

kitler53

@Legend

good call on the R2 button.  i swapped over to my other controller and it's working again.  i guess my white controller is "more" broken then when i was playing statik.